𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆

Charlie Hendersons pov (caras father)

"She went to a club?".

"Yeah...she's growing up so quick it's...I don't even know how to explain it" Rory spoke softly over the phone, it was twelve in the morning and Rory had just told me cara had went out.

I didn't mind that she had went out and I knew this would eventually happen, she would want to explore the world and have fun and live her life and I would never wanna stop her from doing that.

"Did she at least have fun?" I yawned tiredly, I wasn't at home necessarily but I was in a hotel not far from home. My boss has given me a new case but this one takes place in new york, which meant I would be on a flight within a few hours to the city of lights. I didn't wanna leave cara but I knew she would be in good hands.

"She.. didn't say much, but she did tell me she didn't drink and I'm glad for that" he chuckled and I nod, rubbing my eyes.

"Good, she'll get addicted to that stuff and I don't want that from her ever. Is she awake?" I was slowly losing consciousness and needed to tell her I would be gone for a few days.

"I think so, do you need me to get her?" Rory never questioned the things I did and I'm grateful for that, he didn't push me for anything and gave me space when I needed it.

"Yes."

I hear shuffling on the other side of the phone before it's quiet for what feels like hours until I hear the phone shuffle once again.

"Dad?" Her voice sounds so much smaller over the phone and I hold it closer to my ear, her voice warming my heart.

"Hey cara. How was it, the club?"

"Fun..I didn't do much but..It was an experience. You're not home?"

I take a deep breath, preparing to tell her.

"No I'm..headed to New York. I've got a new case dealing with..well I'll find out more tomorrow but I'm going to be on the plane in a few hours. I'll be back hopefully within a week or two I just wanted to let you know."

By the time the words come out the phone becomes silent and I hear her exhale a breath, silence comforting us both.

"I understand dad, you do what you have to. I love you " her voice cracks and I pull the phone away, tears welling in my eyes. I should have did this in person, I didn't want to cry but I didn't want to hurt her.

More than I already have.

"I love you too okay? So much. I will call you on the plane."

The next morning I woke up with a pounding headache, coffee feeling as the only cure to fix it. I had gotten a few hours of sleep but I had to be up around seven and it was earlier than usual but I didnt mind, I never had trouble waking up in the morning. My boss Kiera was a strict woman, and if I was late she would chew me out and I did not need that so early in the morning. I grab my suitcase and information on this case, supposedly dealing with a family situation about a father who murdererd his wife for sleeping with another man...

This was going to be longer than expected.

I take a taxi to the airport and it's not far from our house but still felt like a long drive compared to my other rides. Entering the building the airport is not as crowded in the morning as it is during the night and I'm grateful for it gradually.

I head over towards the gate, preparing to buy a ticket when there's a sudden tap on my shoulder and I turn around to find beautiful brown eyes staring back at me.

My daughter.

"Cara?" I blink before pulling her into a tight hug, her scent familiar and welcoming.

"Hey dad" I hold her arms length and do a double take, my beautiful daughter right in my arms, a tired smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?" I was confused and yet could not stop smiling.

"Rory helped me to meet you here, I didn't want to leave you without saying goodbye" she turns around and I look behind her to find Rory making his way towards us, a smile on his face as well.

That sneaky bastard.

"I'm glad he did. Im going to miss you alot more than you know cara" I cup her face in my hands, tears welling in my eyes.

"Dad don't cry it's too early for that " she teased me but even In her eyes I see tears filling up her brown chocolate eyes and it only nakes me cry harder.

"I love you so much cara, and when I get back I'm going to change for you, for the better of this family okay?" I pull her into a hug and she hugs me back, crying now with me, tears spilling into her hair.

"Okay dad, I love you too."

The plane whizzes through clouds, the sun peeking out slightly. Everything felt so much easier to just lay back and let things work out for the better. I knew this case would take alot from me and I was ready for it, I was always ready.