𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒘 (𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒓 #1)

"What kind of pads are you looking for?."

Fuck there were different kinds?

"Um...sorry..the.. thick ones?" I felt my face flush in embarrassment as I speak those words out loud, the store clerk smiling at me.

"You're girlfriend must have sent you, poor thing" she chuckled.

"Not my girlf-"

"Here" she grabs a pack and it reads "maxi pads, for thick and heavy flows".

What in the actual...fuck was going on? I was shopping for pads...actual pads..and what does heavy flow mean...more blood right? How the fuck could a woman produce a heavy flow of blood?

"Will this do?" She asks and I don't even speak I simply nod my head, closing my eyes and taking deep breaths.

This was actually happening..

I didnt think it was even necessary to wear the mask, It wouldn't be long until she recognized me either by my voice or by my head but John had insisted on keeping our identities a secret.

Stepping inside the small room I see her in the corner, crossing her legs uncomfortably. Her hair was a frizzy mess, her lipstick had smeared,  her eyes were smaller, puffier. And even then she still looked beautiful, it was hard to ignore it.

She spots me and doesn't even move or say anything, she's oddly calm about this whole thing it was... honestly freaking me the fuck out.

"Hey cara" I spoke and she doesn't even meet my eyes, they were glued to the floor. I understood why she didn't want to talk, hopefully she had come to the reality that she wouldn't  leave, she would be here for awhile.

Walking over to her I kneel down, pulling the tiny key from my pocket. I unlock her chain from around her wrist and finally then does she look up at me, confusion written all over her face.

"What-"

"Let's go" I speak and It wasn't until now I realize I had brought something with me, slung around my arm.

I pull out handmade leather cuffs my brother had made as well, he had planned this all a little too perfectly.

Wrapping them around her wrist I help her stand up and she wobbles a bit before standing up straight, her eyes stained directly on mine. Grabbing the clothes my brother had given her earlier I stuff them into the bag along with the pads and pull out a blindfold. Not that she would even recognize where she was but just to be safe.

I come up behind her and put it on her face, adjusting it so she can't see anything.

"For precautions" I whisper to her and she shivers, making me smile. I had forgotten she was..this pure little thing, so says my brother. I couldn't help but think how life would be if we had just let the night carry us that day at the club.

I lead her up the stairs of the basement, opening the door and heading down the hall towards the bathroom. Stepping inside I turn the light on and shut the door behind us.

Removing her blindfold she scans everything, the shower, the toilet. Before she can turn towards the door I lift her chin and face her the other way, adjusting her focus. I didn't need her getting any ideas.

She stares into my eyes and recognition hits them, widening hugely.

"You.." she whispers and I knew she would figure it out but I didn't know it would be this soon.

"Me what?."

"From the club.." she tilts her head and I know she's seen the tattoo, It was hard to forget someone like me... just like it was hard to forget someone like her.

"You don't recognize me-"

"I danced with..you.." her eyes roam me as she takes me in, one body part at a time. I didn't know how to feel, there was this...fuzzy feeling in my body and I push it down, not wanting to go there whatsoever. She was..the enemy, she was nothing, so don't feel anything for her.

"Look...please-"

I stop her from talking, holding my hand against her mouth. I had shut my emotions off the second I entered the bathroom with her, I didn't need to get talked into doing something good, it wasn't who I was, not anymore.

"Don't talk or anything okay? I'm confused as fuck and it's...alot to deal with. Just get in the shower and clean up okay? Don't try anything either, I'll be right outside the door" I hissed, removing my hand from her lips.

She blinks, taking in everything I said.

"You're...staying outside?."

Of course I'm not a fucking monster, I wanted to say, but..I didn't because I knew I was and so did she.

Deciding to tease her I stare her up and down and smile softly.

"Would you rather me stay and watch-"

"No" she flushes and I nod, clearing my throat.

Unlocking her cuffs she rubs her reddened wrists and I watch as her hand attempts to come up to hit me but she's too slow and too weak, I saw it coming already.

Gripping her wrist I hold it tightly, keeping it by my face.

"I'm trying...cara. but the more you push me, the worse it gets for you. So don't start shit you can't finish" I warn her and she nods, tears welling in her eyes.

Dropping her hand I turn around and slam the door behind me, standing right beside the door.

This was all so...strange and yet.. entering. My brother was psychotic definitely, but there was something vein pulsing and blood racing about this whole situation. I had never been in control of someone else's life before...and deep down I knew I would have much more fun than I had wanted too.