𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚

𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒘𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗 (𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒓 #1)

"I did it."

"Did...what?."

"You know...meet me at the house."

I wasn't crazy, and niether was my brother...so why were we going through all of this trouble for one girl? Because deep down I had wanted too and yet knew the consequences and didn't care for them.

The house my brother had bought was hours away, he had bought it for this occasion and had been fixing it up ever since I was in prison. He had held onto this for awhile and I had just went along with it, I couldn't stop myself from doing the right thing...
I guess it just wasn't in me.

It was a average house you could say, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, upstairs and downstairs, beautiful house for a family who needed it. There was even a basement...that my brother had turned into a personal jail.

When he had showed me I didn't even know what to expect. There was another room within the basement, a small interrogation room it seemed like. The window was double sided, we could see inside but whoever was inside couldn't see us. It was a clean room, a tiny mattress in the corner of the room, and a chain drilled into the floor. That is where we would keep her...chained into a fucking basement...I hate to say it but my brother was a genius and yet was a psychotic fucker.

I had driven one of my brothers many cars to the house and waited on the porch for my brother to arrive. It was in the middle of nowhere, the forest surrounding us completely.
I had hoped my brother had planned everything out...I didn't need this going badly whatsoever.

Minutes go by and my brother finally pulls up, parking badly on the lawn and climbing out the car, a twisted smile plastered on his face.

"Well...this is it. You sure you're in?" My brother asked me, sweat beading on his forehead. He had bags under his eyes and I wondered if this affected him as much as it did to me.

I wasn't sure...and yet the anger and grudge holding side of me was out now, and I focused on how angry I really was about being in prison and I nodded.

"Good" he sighs and heads back to the car, opening the back doors and leaning inside as he grabs someone and hoists them over his shoulders effortlessly.

It wasn't that dark so I could see them clearly, that familiar face was something I couldn't forget.

It was her, the woman from the club. That was his daughter?

Fuck...

I considered telling him we had already met..but I knew it wasn't worth it and wouldn't make a difference.

I had watched him carry her inside, chaining her against the floor, the handcuff tight around her wrist. She was still unconscious and I didn't exactly know how to feel about this the second i saw her laying there against her will.

Of course I hated being in prison, I hated that lawyer and wanted whoever he loved to suffer as much as i did in that awful place. And yet knowing she was that woman I had seen that night at the club put a lot of things into perspective for me I wasn't sure this was what I wanted anymore. How could she be so beautiful and how could I be so stupid?

It doesn't matter how beautiful she is, she would never be with someone like you. You're a killer.

The truth hurts even though I didn't want to hear it doesn't make it any less true.

"How exactly did you..get her to.." I asked John later that night, sitting at the table just a few feet away from the woman we had just taken.

"Simple...flirted her up, offered her a drink... after what felt like hours she finally drank alcohol...and..the rest is history" he shrugs and runs fingers over his face.

"You don't regret it do you?" I asked him and he looked at me before laughing hysterically, slapping my shoulders.

"Of course I fucking don't, Travis. I get you probably have regrets...but I dont. That fucker put you away and just lives his life as if he didn't ruin someone else's. He wants to hide and run away from everyone...than I'd like to see him come running back when his loved one is dangling in the hands of... me" for the first time in forever there was truth to his words, hatred running through his eyes. All those years in prison and time away from my brother had really changed the person he used to be.

And for the first time since I got out...I was excited for this. Because even there was some compassion and empathy in my heart, it was slowly fading away the more my brothers words corrupted my mind.