Past and Present

5/09/2025

Seoul, South Korea

Minho's pov

"Hyung, you need to stop. You have been dancing all day. It's already 1 in the morning."
Han shouted at me as he barged into the dance practice room.

"I'm fine Han. Don't worry." I said as i grabbed the water bottle.

"Hyung, you need to stop overworking. You know we have upcoming tour right? You will exhausted by then." Concern was filled in his voice.

It's been three months. But i just can't get over it. Why do people cheat when they are in love. Or is it a lie. The love you get from one person is not enough? Does true love even exist? I highly doubt it.

FLASHBACK

17/5/2025

I was going to her apartment after finishing my practice with her favourite takeout as I decided to give her a surprise visit. We have been together for a year by now. Everything was going well. Had little arguments and little bit fight over our own life, but we resolved everything and were happy by the end of the day. We haven't spend time together for a while because of my practice and upcoming comeback. I noticed a unfamiliar pair of men's shoes at her door step. Thought might be one of her friends as I entered her apartment lock number. But she wasn't there in her halfway. I could here muffled sounds coming from her room. As I walked closer, I realised what the sound was about. She was in her bed with her so called guy bestie on top of her, naked. I dropped the bag I had in my hand at the sight. Now their attention was on me. She quickly got up wrapping herself in a blanket.

"Minho, you didn't tell me you were coming"

That's the first thing came out of her mouth. Not even trying to say it was a misunderstanding and shit, even tho it was not.

"If I had, I wouldn't be able to see this beautiful sight infront of me". I scoffed.

I could feel my eyes sting. But I'm not going to let it fall infront of her.

"Look Minho, I tried, but I wasn't satisfied with our relationship. You barely been intimidate with me. You don't even take your shirt off infront of me blaming your stupid scar. Tell me when was the last time we properly had sex? You were always on practice, we barely spend any time together this whole week."

"Oh you couldn't control yourself for a week. Then what about the time while I was on tour for months? Is your so called bestfriend always been here to pleasure you? And you know how insecure I'm about the scar. I just asked to give me some time." I snapped.

"Oh fuck your insecurity "

"How long has this been going on?" My voice started to crack at this point. Never once i thought the person I love would say something like this about my insecurity.

"5 months"

"5 MONTHS? You have been seeing him behind my back for five months?". Tears threaten to fall. But I held on.

She sighed.

"Let's end this here. That's better for both of us."

"No. That's better for ME."

I stormed out of her apartment slamming the door shut.

Tears started to flow down as I entered in the elevator.

Was I not enough for her? Was her bestfriend jerk better than me? This one year meant nothing to her? Does true love even exist?

-END OF FLASHBACK

I reached our dorm completely exhausted. I didn't even bother to greet anyone as I went to my room falling flat in my bed. Chan hyung who was sitting on the couch with his laptop, didn't fail to notice my condition. He came to my room with a glass of water.

"Here"

"Thanks hyung." I gulped down the glass's content before placing it on the nightstand.

"Minh-"

"Hyung, I know what you're going to say and I have already heard that enough for today. Please." I cut him off.

"Ok Minho. Sleep then. You need it. Goodnight."

"Goodnight hyung." Chan left my room

I rolled my eyes at Chan. As if it's easy.

Ever since my breakup with her, I have trouble sleeping. Even at times when that I can't really get the moves during practice, this creepy voice in my head will start murmuring somethings. 'You are a failure' 'you are not enough' 'nobody loves you' 'your scar is ugly' 'nobody want's to be with you' and so on. Sometimes it becomes unbearable. To the point I covers my ears hoping to stop the voice. That's the impact she left in me with the breakup. If this is what loving someone does to me, I don't want it. I don't believe in love anymore. I haven't told any of the members about this voices in my head. I don't want to worry them with my problems. How I hope I had someone to share everything.

The voices in my head started as I tried to sleep. It was so annoying.
"Shut up will ya? I'm trying to sleep." I whisper yelled to myself. After hours of tossing, turning and trying to block out the voices, I fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------

5/09/2025

Toronto, Canada

Yumi's pov

"Babygirl, I'm telling you, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You won't get this again. You should accept this."

"Seriously. I thought you would support me."

"On what?" She deadpanned.
"Why do you think, we all are asking you to accept this? Because we know you need it more than yourself."

"But I'll have to move from here."

"Exactly. Move from here. Build a new life. But if you ever forget me, you are dead. I'm for real now." She said in a threatening voice.

I chucked at her.
"I will accept this then."

"That's my girl. I'm proud of you."
"My baby is growing up. Mama is so happy." She wiped her fake tears. How the table turns.

"Yahhh, that's my line."
I started to chase her around my room.

After running around the room chasing eachother and having little play fight, we laid down in my bed, not even exhausted by a bit. That's the benefit of having a gym rat bestie. She would always drag me with her to the gym.

"I'm gonna miss you Claire." I said hugging her.

"I'm gonna miss you too." She hugged me back.