Late Present

Yumi's pov

Just a normal but hectic day. The boys were busy with their new comeback since morning and it's almost evening now. I decided to bring coffee for the them. Sending a quick text in the gc before making my way to the cafe nearby.

After getting their order, I made my way to the company.

"Where's Chan?"

"He's in studio."

"Okay here's your drinks. Let me give this to him."

I made my way to the studio.

"Chris?" I knocked twice.

"Come in."

"Hey."

"Oh hey Yumi." He doesn't look happy.

"I got you a drink." I tried to ease the tense atmosphere.

"Oh thanks."

That's it. It's going to be hard.

I placed the cup on his table. He was too focused on the screen. I don't know it's real or if he's just faking to avoid me.

I pulled the chair beside him to sit.

"Chan listen."

"I'm listening."

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" He turned towards me.

"About...the gift."

"But why are you sorry about it."

"Don't play dump Chris. You know what I'm taking about."

He looked down.

"How did you know?"

I shrugged.

"Figured. I didn't have time to get you something else, so...."

"No, no, I really love the gift. But I just thought....it was just for me." He started to fiddle with his hoodie strings.

"I didn't mean to make you feel like that. But I have something else for you."

"Really." He eyes lit up.

"Yup. I sacrificed my sleep for this you know." I took the box from my bag and handed him. It was a painting, on a mini canvas with a easels.

 It was a painting, on a mini canvas with a easels

(a/n: this is what I had in mind. This isn't my work. Found on Pinterest and i edited it a bit.)

He unwrapped the red ribbon and carefully opened the gift.

"Once again, belated happy birthday Chris. And no, I don't have this for everyone. It's made only for you."

He looked at me with a bright smile on his face. Next moment he jumped up from his spinning chair and hugged me.