Chapter 38

Somebody sits across from me and I look up from my spot in the library to find a familiar brown haired woman. Oh Tanya!

"Hello" I whisper over to her. She smiles opening up her book and then notebook.

"Hi!" Her smile is practically blinding.

"How are you and Conner?" She continues the small talk, resting her chin on her hand.I blush at the fact that everybody practically knows about us now. Well obviously she knew.

"Oh we're good... I really do appreciate you coming in and checking on me every once in a while" I tell her, but she waves it off.

"I knew people like Cash when I was a freshman they bugged the shit out of me and a few others, but we had no one to help us out. So I wanted to be that person that helps" she explains as I give her a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry about that" I had completely discarded my computer to focus on her.

"No, no it's okay. I've noticed how much more confident you've gotten though and its wonderful!" I blush at the compliment.

"Oh thank you. Conner helped a lot. He's taken me out of my shell. Helped me go out there and do things. Turns out people are actually nice. Not everybody is like Cash, Royce, and Jerron" I throw my hands around as I explain and she nods along, practically leaning over the table.

"Yeah you're right there. I was so down on myself when those guys first picked on me my freshman year and it took a while for me to build my confidence back up" she explains. I nod along really fucking understanding.

"It sucks that people are able to do that. There's no reason you should have been feeling anything but good about yourself. I'm about to sound so fucking straight right now, but you're gorgeous girly. Like I'd definitely be dancing all over you if I wasn't gay. Plus I already know you have the spectacular personality to match your looks" I explain. She laughs tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I've totally distracted you from your work!" I sit back suddenly apologetic, but she shakes her hands in front of her.

"I was just thinking I did that" she laughs while I sit back from the table.

"How badly do you need to get that done?" I point to her notebook and she sits back as well.

"I don't. I'm just so bored I thought I'd be productive" she admits and then motions to my work.

"I'm also just trying to be productive. Get ahead and stuff that is all I seem to ever do".

"Well how would you feel going over to the cafe and getting some coffee?" I ask and she jumps right up.

"Please! God I shouldn't be so excited to spend the money I don't have" She groans making me laugh as I pack my stuff up to follow her.

"Me too- so Tanya? I was wondering if you wanted to actually hangout some more. I'm in desperate need of friends and I actually get along with you" I explains as we get in line. The walk having been short since the cafe is inside the library.

"Of course, we can exchange numbers when we sit!" She cheers her work back in her bag as I nod enthusiastically. This was actually happening like I'm actually hanging out with someone. Getting along too.

"So I get you're not a freshman then, junior or senior I assume?" I ask. She smiles her fingers expertly braiding a few small pieces of her hair before letting it go and unraveling it to answer me.

"Senior! I'm coming back though for my masters so it doesn't mean much" she laughs.

"I think once I get my bachelors I'm suppose to go back... well yeah I'm suppose to go back and get a job at some company, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. I like it here in Oregon. People out here can be so nice and fun" I explain as we step forward in line.