15. A new Friend and a new Foe

Summary:

Set after Exes and oh's.

Moxxie is acting weird,

Blitzø is feeling weird about the events that took place in greed,

And Stolas converses with another caregiver.

Notes:

TW: mentions sex, fear of love and commitment, cursing, guilt, lmk if I should add.

~~~Blitzø: Months later~~~

Moxxie has been off these last couple of weeks; Ever since they got back from greed, he's been off his game, making amateur mistakes and seeming rather spacey.

Blitzø can sorta understand why.
He couldn't really understand Moxxie's issues regarding his mob boss father specifically, but he did understand having a complicated relationship with the person you were forced to trust while you were just a dumb kid.

Today Moxxie almost hurt himself on a mission, he was really off focus, forgetting to reload, his hands were shaky, (knees weak, arms are heavy.) he wasn't answering when Blitzø and Millie were trying to talk to warn him about oncoming danger.

Sure, it was annoying. But Blitzø had bigger issues and didn't have the energy to be bothered with Moxxie.

Millie however insisted Moxxie take a break from work for a week or two so he can quote 'Decompress from all that trauma.' She even suggested he see a therapist.

"I'm okay." Moxxie swore a million times. "I just need a little time to get back into the swing of things. I promise, this won't happen again."

"Moxxie, it's okay if you need a break." Millie reassures. "No one will look down on you for it."

Moxxie was quietly thinking about it when Loona decided to chime in: "I look down on you all the time, so nothing will change there."

Weirdly enough, that sounded comforting...you know, for Loona.

Millie didn't see it that way, and glared at the hellhound before turning back to her husband.

Moxxie anxiously loosened his bow tie. "Uhm, I think, you know, I'd rather not talk about this right now. I swear things will go back to normal as long as we don't dwell on what happened." Moxxie says.

Millie sighs. "Moxxie, I don't think that-"

"Please, Millie?" Moxxie asks.

Millie sighs. "Well, if that's what you want..."

"It is." Moxxie smiles, kissing Millie's hand. "Thanks for understanding, I love you."

She smiles back, rather forced. "I love you too."

Blitzø walked into his office, he really didn't care if Moxxie took time off or not. If he needed the time, he and Millie could do this job easily without him...

And that's why- not because he cared about Moxxie's wellbeing. He was definitely not worried about him.

What was Moxxie's problem anyway? Why was he refusing to take some time off? Not wanting to be alone? Worried about what Blitzø would think?

Then he thought...

Was it possible that Moxxie also cheated on the test and lied about it? Not that anyone could blame him; Imagine having to be in the Mafia as a little.

But if he is a little, would he lie to Millie about it? That just didn't seem like him...

At least he hoped so.