Nine

On the twisting country roads of Italy, a bright yellow Porsche sped down the road, going at least 100 mph in a 45 zone

Alice focused on the road in front of her, her golden eyes occasionally looking at the sun and the car's analog clock. Bella sat in the passenger seat next to her, gripping the dashboard anxiously. Poor Odette could only rub the human's shoulder, trying to give her some sort of comfort in this stressful situation.

Times like these, the blonde really wished she had Jasper's gift.

"Where'd you even get this car, Al?" Odette asked, trying to take her mind off the impending situation. It was a coping mechanism of her's, one she had been using for ages.

"I suppose you wouldn't scold me for grand theft auto."

"Not today little sister." Alice faded out, her mind going hazy as Odette jumped over the backseat, quickly taking control of the car while Alice had her vision. "What did you see?" The blonde asked as the seer was reigned back in, taking back control of the car.

"The Volturi denied his request, refusing to kill him without reason."

"So he's gonna make a reason."

"How much time do we have?" Bella asked, her voice shaky.

"He's waiting 'til noon, where the sun will be at it's highest to reveal himself to the public." She shook her head grimly. "They won't let him get that far though."

Bella checked her watch that she was wearing, her heartbeat becoming faster as she stared at the time. "It's almost noon! Please hurry Alice!"

"Look, there's Volterra." The blonde pointed out. Alice nodded at her words before pressing down on the speed harder.

When they entered the city, Alice had to slow the car down as the streets were crowded with festival attendees, all covered in red cloaks. The Porsche does it's best to weave through them, hurrying forward.

"Why are they all wearing red?" Bella asked, looking at the crowd.

"San Marcos Day festival." Alice explained shortly. "Busy crowd. The perfect setting."

"Talk about dramatic." Odette mumbled, shaking her head a bit.

Suddenly, the car screeches to a halt at a road block. Italian police try to wave the car back, not allowing them to cross. "We only have five minutes!" Bella yelled, her anxiety on full high right now.

"Bella, you have to go stop him!" Alice decided, unbuckling her seatbelt for her. "He'll read our thoughts, think we're lying to him. You're the only one he won't see coming!"

Bella nodded, quickly hopping out of the car. "Where do I go?"

"Follow that lane," before Alice could finish, Bella was already running off, "he'll be under the Clock Tower!"