Seven

In the dark night of Seattle, inside a very isolated street where civilians refuse to go near, a loud metal crunching sound could be heard

A model sedan lies upside in the dark street, as unconscious women groaning softly as she scrunched her eyes. Opening her eyes just in time, she screamed when she saw her engine engulf in flames and a dozen pair of red eyes staring at her through the broken glass of her windshield.

"What did I say about a low profile?!" A voice says, watching the scene with an exasperated expression. "Something's coming. Something much bigger than all of us. And if you can't... control yourselves, we're all gonna die!"

A male newborn vampire ignores his warning, dragging the still screaming woman from the car and began to feed on her. Nearby, a few other newborns feed on their own prizes, a prostitute and a bike messenger.

"What's done is done." He hissed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Just... clean up after yourselves." Stalking off, the leader of the newborns grumbled as he disappeared behind the corner. Leaning against the stone wall, he ran a hand through his brown hair before looking up at the sky.

Riley Biers was a wimp in his human life, a nerd. And now he was trusted with an army, to fight for his girl. The love of his life. He would be damned if he messed that up.

Watching Riley's every move and the mayhem below, however, we're four hooded figures. They stood motionless on the rooftop above, the shadows concealing their faces effortlessly. The biggest figure of the four throws his good off, revealing Felix Volturi. Following his movement, the three others do so as well. Along with Felix was Jane (who is calling the shots on this mission) with Demetri and Alec.

"They've already drawn too much attention." Felix noted, judging how messy the newborns were being.

"So has our 'inaction'." Demetri hummed. "Others may begin to question the Volturi's effectiveness."

"Let them." Jane said simply, not taking her eyes off Riley Biers. "That's their mistake to make."

"Maybe we should consult with Aro." Felix suggested, only to be met with Jane's glare with a sharp pain following right after. He falls, writhing with gritted teeth.

"Aro's decisions are being watched." Jane said, stoping the pain. "We must decide." Turning to look over at her brother, her neutral face twitched to one of pity and sadness for only a moment. "Alec?"

Blinking a bit, the brunette looked over at his twin, nodding in confirmation. "Then decide sister. It's time."

Jane smiled at him pleasantly, pleased that her brother agreed with her. "Yes it is. Either we let them do what they were created for... or we end them... decisions, decisions..."

"And what were they created for?" Alec asked, raising a brow as the newborns destroyed the bodies of their victims. Jane stared blankly down at the scene, ignoring Alec's question. "Sister?"