Twelve

After their adventure in Italy, Carlisle only saw it reasonable that his family move back to Forks

After their adventure in Italy, Carlisle only saw it reasonable that his family move back to Forks. That way something like that never happens again. But he was not a happy Father, being slightly disappointed in Rosalie for telling Edward something that she wasn't a hundred percent sure was true, and also Edward for being very dramatic and getting Alice, Bella, and Odette to come save him.

Edward refused to talk to Rosalie, spending all his time with Bella just to be sure that he wouldn't run into her. Odette felt sorry for her younger sister, knowing that she probably did mean well. But the older blonde also knew that it was really none of her business to drop a bomb like that onto Edward.

But maybe if Rosalie hadn't, Odette wouldn't have met Alec.

The elder vampire left Italy with her family three days ago. That's only three days since she had left Alec, but yet she felt a longing to be with him. It was like her heart felt alive again when she was with him, and she loved that feeling. But did he feel the same way? He said he did, but did he truly? Was it just the mate bond talking or was it his heart?

"Knock knock." A voice said, interrupting her thoughts. Looking back, she smiled when she saw Jasper.

"Hey Jasper." She greeted, putting the last book on her shelf, the girl officially done unpacking. "Can I help you with something?"

"Well I was actually hoping I could help you." He said, sitting on her bed. Patting the spot next to her, Odette carefully sat down next to her younger brother. "I've noticed that your emotions have been... off, ever since you came back from the Volturi."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He chuckled. "And then I asked Alice if something had happened. She was hesitant at first, but then she told me that you had to leave the, quote-unquote, "love of your life" behind?"

Odette could only scoff at the phrase. "I wouldn't put it like that."

"Alice's words, not mine!" He defended, putting his arms up. "But, I just thought I should tell you, if you needed to talk or need me to... help with those big emotions, you can come to me."

"Thank you Jasper." She said, rolling her eyes fondly as she stood. "But your big sister has her emotions in order."

"Oh really?"

"Yep!"

"Then how come you haven't talked to your Father about this?" The blonde paused at his question, looking down at him. It's true; like Edward was avoiding Rose, Odette was avoiding Carlisle. She had made it a point to only make conversations short and hang around Alice.

"I..."

"He's very worried about you, growing suspicious even." Jasper told her, standing from his seat. "You need to talk to him."

"What if he... I don't know, becomes mad? Disappointed at me even?" Jasper shook his head at the girl's worries, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I love Carlisle like my Dad, and he loves me like a son, just like the others do. But the bond you and him have is special, T. You are biologically and emotionally related. He is your Dad, and you are his daughter." He explained. "Just talk to him."