Three

The woods are nothing but mist and shadows, the faint chirping of crickets harmonizing in the hazy morning

The Cullens stood in the middle of the broad forest, the siblings and parents in a firm circle as they waited for any sign or noise of attack.

Odette Cullen had her blonde hair up into a slick-backed ponytail, a small piece falling from her hairstyle and rest on her forehead. The dreamer's golden eyes would dart between Alice, the large pine tree, and her Father repeatedly. This cycle of focus continued on, waiting impatiently-patient for a certain red-head to make herself known.

A gasp tour between the silence of the vampire feeling, Alice's eyes gazing over as a scene clouded her sight. Turning to Emmett, she couldn't say the words "On your left!" quick enough before the brawn was sprinting in said direction, Jasper and Carlisle going wide suit. Esme and Odette spread towards the rear as Rosalie and Alice did their best to follow Emmett's path he had taken, all of them looking to cut her off.

Odette huffed as she stopped right at a ledge, a rocky trail just below her as she stared down, knowing that the red-head would make a beeline for the path eventually.

And as expected, she quickly saw a flash of red coming towards her before the blonde jumped down, temporarily halting her path. The red-head blinked, not expecting her, but she was quick replace the expression with one of pure hatred as she snarled at her.

Going to throw a punch, Odette was quick to catch her hand, smirking when she did. "Not so tough now, are we?"

"Shut it, blondie." Victoria hissed, going to hit her with her other hand as Odette caught it, raising a brow. Victoria just smirked before giving her a heavy push, making the blonde gasp as she fell down into the water's below the trail. Gasping for uneeded air, she could only see Victoria wave mockingly before running off. Not even a second later, three familiar boys ran past as well.

"Odette!" Rosalie called, stopping her chase for a moment. The older blonde shook her head, quickly jumping up to where she had previously stood.

"Come on! I saw them going this way!" Odette urged Rosalie, making a run for where the boys went.

Catching up to the boys, Odette watched as Victoria was cornered. "There's no where to run now." Carlisle said, watching the firey red head look at her options. Victoria looked back the Cullens before her head looked at the other side of the ravine. Take a breath of courage, the woman wasted no time in jumping to the other side.

"Wait, she's in their territory." Carlisle said wearily.

"She'll get away!"

"No she won't!" Jasper hissed in response to Rosalie's huff. On the other side of the ravine, three giant wolves leap into the scene. Giving a low growl, they simultaneously went chasing after the red head. "We keep on our side."

A parallel chase ensues, the wolves and vampires staying on their respective sides. Victoria takes turns leaping from one side to the other, trying to find a way she can escape both groups. Grunting, Emmett Cullen pushed ahead of his family, getting just close enough to Victoria to grab her by the hair. They both go rolling when Emmett grabbed her shoulders, Victoria using the momentum to her advantage as she swung Emmett into a tree.

Odette gasped loudly when she saw her brother get slammed into the tree, and while she knew Emmett was alright and that he could take care of himself, she was stilly royally pissed.

Snapping her head towards the running red-head, she ignored her father's warnings as she jumped to the other side of the ravine. She didn't make it far however as something heavy was slammed against her, knocking her into the water for the second time that day. Glaring at the wolf, she splashed water in it's face, the wolf growling in response. "Oh hush it." She snapped, rising from the water as she went back to her family.

***

"Easy on the road, Jasper." Odette said, carefully applying her pink lip-gloss on her face. "How you passed your driver's test is a mystery to me."

"Ha, very funny. At least I bothered to get one."

"Driving is pointless when you're the fastest creature on earth." She scoffed, screwing the cap to her lip-gloss tube back on. "We only have these cars to blend in, naturally."

"You only say that because you can't drive." Alice hummed from the front passenger side, flipping through her magazine.

"Just because I choose not to, doesn't mean I can't." Odette huffed, crossing her leg over the other.

Pulling into the school's parking lot, Emmett's jeep right behind Jasper's car, he pulled into his regular parking spot. Odette looked out her window. "Edward just got here." She hummed, watching the familiar silver Volvo park just a few spots away.

"Well, he's not the only one." Alice grimaced before getting out of the car, Jasper following suite. Turning her head the other way, Odette smelled him before she saw him.

"Jacob Black..." she muttered. Getting out of the car, she saw that Edward and Bella had already approached the boy on the motorcycle.

"I'm coming here to warn you." Jacob said, glaring at Edward. "If your kind ever comes on our land again..."

"Wait, what?" Bella asked in confusion, making the blonde wince.

"You didn't tell her?"

"Just leave it alone Jacob." Edward huffed, raising a hand to try and signify him to remain silent.

"Tell me what?" Bella asked, looking between the two boys.

"Odette and Paul just had a little misunderstanding." Edward stated, flashing a glance at his older sister. "Nothing to worry about."

"'Nothing to worry about' are you serious? Did you lie to get her out of town, too?" Jacob kept on. Odette but her lip, taking a small step forward just incase the insane happened. After all, she knew all about Jacob's temper.

"You should leave, now."

"She has a right to know. After all, she's the one the red-head wants."

'Damnitt.' Odette cursed, gripping her hands into a tight fist. 'The mutt has to ruin everything.'

"Victoria?" Bella gasped, looking at Edward now. "Victoria was here?... Alice's vision..."

"I was trying to protect you."

"By lying to me?" Bella scoffed, shaking her head at her vampire boyfriend. "We're gonna talk about this, but..." she then looked at Jacob, poking her finger into his chest, "why haven't you been answering my calls?"

"I've had nothing to say." He shrugged, climbing back onto his bike.

"Well, I have tons!" She spat at him, following Jacob's actions.

"Hold on. Bella, no." Edward intervened, trying to grab her hand to stop her from climbing onto the bike.

"Just trust me on this." She said, putting on the bike helmet. The engine then revved, a dark cloud of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe, before it sped off.

Smacking her lips together, Odette appeared next to her little brother, her hands on her tote bag. "Well, that's gotta sting."

"Shut up, T." Edward huffed, swiftly turning towards the front entrance of the school.

"Oh relax, Ed. She's a big girl, she can handle herself."

"I trust her." He snapped, looking at his sister before looking back to where Bella and Jacob had rode off too. "It's him I don't trust."