Chapter Eleven: Hillcrest Fest

Saylor's POV:

I go through each room of the cabin, taking in all of the sights now that I have the official green light to use it.

I wasn't going to stay here most nights, just nights I felt like escaping or being to myself, which I desperately needed right now.

"When are you going to get a place?" I ask Hadley, seeming as she's engaged and her and Kyle still haven't moved in together.

Hadley shrugs, "whenever Kyle is ready. He thinks moving in together is going to put too much on our relationship since we'll be around each other all the time."

I arch my brow, "you're getting married... that's a lifelong commitment. He does realize that, right?"

She nods, "well, yeah... but I don't want to pressure him, also financially we're saving money this way. Bumming off our parents, putting more in the savings."

I shake my head, "I guess, but don't you guys want alone time? How do you do anything intimate?"

She laughs, "we have our ways."

"You going to bring all your sexual conquests here? Is that why you asked Sydni to use this place? To fuck in peace?" Hadley teases.

I laugh as I shake my head, "someone would have to be interested in me in order for me to have a sexual conquest."

Hadley smirks, "Spencer is interested in you."

Wrong name that I'm looking for right now, through the revelation does peak my interest.

I arch my brow as I place my hands on my hips, "what makes you think that?"

"You two shared a moment." Hadley says confidently as she sits down on the couch.

"A moment?" I ask, chuckling a bit at how childish it sounds.

"Come on, Saylor. You know, a moment. Outside of the coffee shop, when he wiped your tears from laughing from your face." Hadley explains.

I shake my head, laughing internally about how stupid and insignificant that moment was for me.

Yes, it was sweet, but I wasn't enamored by the action like she's making it sound. I was surprised by how gentle he was, something he wasn't normally.

Our relationship in that past was like two friends that constantly hung out. It was rare that we had physical contact that was so soft like he was in the moment. I was proud of him for his maturity and growth, but it didn't make my heart race or make me swoon for the guy.

"Hadley, it wasn't like that." I state.

"It was like that for him. He won't shut up about it and how much you've matured. He really likes you, Saylor." Hadley says as she walks over to me, placing her hands on my shoulders to get me to listen.

Now, this makes my heart race with anxiety.

I knew I shouldn't have went out with him to get coffee. I knew we were running a risk, that he'd get attached, but he was once a good friend. He was easy to get along with and I was looking for a friend that didn't bring so much drama like girls tend to do, but I see that drama seems to follow me regardless of my tries to avoid it.

I massively sigh, "Hadley..."

"I invited him to Hillcrest Fest with us tonight too." She says abruptly.

"What?!" I question, feeling a mixture of anger and anxiousness.

"You don't have to thank me... it'll be like a double date. Kyle and I, you and Spencer." She says with a smirk.