Part 31

How would one react to seeing a ghost in the middle of their room? Some would curse and hide. But for Y/n, she stood there and, in a second, ran towards the phantom with arms wide open. Engulfing him in a hug. With such force, they both tumble onto the ground. Cody gently wraps his arms around her. He laughs and tries hard not to let his emotions get to him. Gently sitting up, he held her s/c (skin color) hand and looked down. Her eyes swelled with tears, " I thought you left without saying goodbye..." He sadly smiles and gently places his forehead against hers, "I would never do that to you, doll face." She laughs and hugs him again. Cody gently pets her head. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob is pacing around in his own dark room. Every evening after school, he paces around his room, trying to figure out how he can get rid of Cody once and for all. He can sense that this will only end in bloodshed, some sacrifice. The door opened just before he could turn around, and Dolan walked in, "Dude, stop pacing, man. It's weird." Jacob stared at his cousin and scoffed, "I-I wasn't!"

Dolan sat at the edge of his bed, "What is troubling you, dear cousin?" Jacob stared straight into his eyes,

"You." His cousin glared, "Seriously, dude?"

"Yes." He sighed,

"Jacod, seriously, what's up?" Jacob groaned.

"You wouldn't even believe me, but like, Y/n has something going on, and I am trying to get rid of it." Dolan laughed and got up, 

"So you have a crush? Oh, how cute! Same too." Jacob glared, 

"Dude, no..uhm." Jacob continues to think about it, and now he actually doesn't know his feelings towards Y/n.

"Oh well, I mean, Y/n is cute and pretty innocent. Anyways, what are you trying to protect her from then?"

"From evil. Something is telling me that more terrible things are going to happen to her."

"What do you mean, more?"

"Oh, well, I saw the jock from the upperclassmen trying to harass her..."

"Well, did you do anything?"

"Uhm...no."

Dolan looked at his cousin, flabbergasted. "So you saw all this..and did nothing?! Dude! That is flat-out fucked up! How could you do that!" Jacob winced. At that time, he didn't know what to do. It's not like he could fight him off of her. He has felt guilty this whole time, knowing it was wrong to watch and, even worse, to not do anything about it. Dolan scoffed and got up from his bed. "Unbelievable, man. Make sure she never finds out." He was about to walk out and then stopped at the doorway, "Also, it is best you stay away from Y/n from now on." And with that, he closed the door. 

Jacob sat on the floor and buried his head in the palm of his hands. No matter what, he needs to find a way to get rid of that ghost. It is the least he could do for Y/n.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Y/n was chilling on her bed as she did some of her homework as Cody sat on the floor in front of her. "Okay, I have been gone this whole time, you were crying a few minutes ago, and here you are...DOING HOMEWORK? Pay attention to meeeee" he whined, "I mean, I am very ecstatic that you are back, but homework still exists." she smiled and continued to write. Cody grumbled and got up, pushed her to the side, and lay right next to her. "So you are just doing notes! Not even homework!" Y/n laughs and gently closes her notebook, "I mean, you were the one who got away anyways, Cody." Cody gasped,

"You speak like a normal person now! I have only been gone for two weeks, dude!"

"Well, I have been hanging out more with my friends! 

Cody smiled and ruffled her hair, "That's great!"

She smiled and looked at him. She remembered reading about how sometimes friends can turn into lovers. Even though they were, in a way, forced together, she can't help but feel a certain way towards a ghost. She felt her cheeks heat up and gently leaned her head against his shoulder, "You missed me that much?" she nodded and closed her eyes. Cody looks down and sees that she has drifted off to sleep. 

Even now, as he admires the beauty that is laying her head on his shoulder, he still wonders why he came back in the first place. He needs to find out why he is actually here and why he didn't pass over yet. Sighing, he gently lays on his back, forgetting that Y/n was there, which made her land her head on his chest. She nuzzled and clung to his shirt, not knowing that it was now a bashful ghost.

-----------------------------------------

Morning came. Y/n woke up and rubbed her sleepy eyes awake. Lifting her head up, she felt something wrapped around her waist. She looked down to see a sleeping ghost and his arm wrapped around her body. Her whole face turned red, and she covered her mouth not to squeal. I mean, they have slept together before, but now it seems different. She scrambles up and slides off the bed, grabbing her outfit for today.

Once she finished and stepped out of the restroom, Cody was sitting up in bed scratching his head, "Doll, you should have woken me up." She shrugged and packed her backpack for school. "I had to wake up early because I have my schooling commencing soon." Cody chuckled and got up. "Cool,  have fun with that," Y/n looked at him, "You are not coming?" Cody shook his head, "Nah, I will go tomorrow, though." She smiled and nodded. "Okay, then, see you after school."

Once she walked out of the room, Cody got up, floating around, and he screamed so loud, covering his face, kicking his feet. He can't control his emotions so well anymore. Sighing, he messed with his hair for a bit, trying to get his mind off Y/n. Right, he needs to find out more about why he is here. Phasing through the walls, he found himself in the master bedroom where there was Y/n's mother lying in bed. Clearly, she is nude since she is using the blanket to cover her chest; Cody gagged and was about to leave until he heard Mr. North in the restroom, ecstatically talking about something; more importantly, he heard his name. "Cody might still be alive after all!" He saw the woman tense, "My love, how could he possibly and still be missing?" Mr. North came out fully buttoned up and with some dress pants on.

"Because this post has his name on it. Last name and all!" she rolled her eyes and looked at it.

"Honey, this article is about a ghost. You really think Cody would talk about that?"

"Well, they never found his body, so it is bound to come up that he just ran away."

Mrs. North scoffed, "And he abandoned us? Come on, love, think reasonably."

"I am! Besides, his aunt gave us this house anyways! Maybe he might come back for the house."

"Love, I doubt he is coming back. I think it might be a coincidence. There are a lot of people who get the same exact names nowadays." He sighed.

"You're probably right..I just wished he would have said goodbye before he left."

His eyes widen...they knew him! They know! It all makes sense. They are the age that he would have been. They were probably at that party he was at before. But why would his aunt give this house to the Norths...wait, what aunt? He stumbled backward and fell to the ground. They should know who killed him. He curled into a ball, feeling his emotions get stronger and stronger. Getting up, he bolted back to Y/n's room before hearing Mr. North see him run down the hall, "Cody?..."