Ghost murder

Both Xandra and I look at each other with shocked faces as the door opens.

"Yes?" the lady who opens the door asks, looking a bit frightened.

"Ah, we're here for-" But she doesn't let me continue.

"Right, you two must be those exorcists. Please come in."

She is right, that is what we came for after all. The neighbors had been complaining about supernatural happenings and after investigating on their own a bit, the had decided to call us.

We aren't anything like priests or anything religious really.

We are just sleuths that know a lot about these kind of phenomenon, we try to help the dead pass on by solving what keeps them here. If that doesn't work, we usually do end up getting someone like a priest, witch or shaman.

We carefully enter the hallway while the lady who let us in holds open the door.

"Thanks."

"No problem, you're only helping me by getting rid of it anyway. You may call me Lillia by the way."

"Thank you Lillia." Xandra answers her politely: "So where-"

I look up: "It's here." I had sensed it long before we entered.

Lillia starts looking a bit more anxious, she is lucky that she can't see what I see.

"Great." Xandra says while she takes out a pair of strange looking glasses from her bag and puts them on.

"Yup, that seems like a pretty big one."

"Xandra, please don't say such things..." I say in a begging tone while giving a small nod to comfort our scared client.

"So, that's why it has been leaking in the hallway." She says slowly.

I give her an apologetic look: "Yes, if you don't feel up for it, you can just wait in the other room."

She nods and leaves, she seems to be very trusting, we are probably one of her last options.

I turn my face to look up again.

The ceiling almost looks like part of a pond and gently floating on the waves is a dead body.

Just looking at me makes me feel dizzy, it looks as if we are the ones upside down, not her.

There are plants around the woman, many waterlilies and sometimes some drops of water fall down onto the floor we're standing on.

It's a very strange sight.

Even though I can see her very clearly, her face has been distorted. I can't make out who she used to be.

"Do you see more than I do?" Xandra asks while looking at me through those ridiculous glasses, almost making me laugh.

"I don't know what you see..." She can be very vague at times.

"I can see the lady in the water at the ceiling."

"Yeah, It's pretty much just that. Do you see the lilies?"

"Nah, I don't see any kind of flower."

Right, those fancy glasses don't show everything anyway.

"Can you see her face?"

"No, it has been distorted."

"Maybe you should get a closer look?" Xandra asks, already pushing a chair towards me to stand on.