Ch.5 ~ Support Arrives

Y/n's POV

"Xavier!." I exclaim in shock as I stare up at the platinum blonde, blue eyed boy.

"Are you alright, Y/n?" He asks while helping me to stand up straight and steady myself.

"Thanks to you." I confirm, turning back to the Luminivores who have grouped together infront of us.

"I saw all the blood on my way in here and thought you may have been injured. Glad to see you're still fighting. Though I am surprised to see you struggling against the Luminivores." Xavier says while unsheathing his sword.

"The blood is Rafayels." I reply rushing forwards and attacking one the level 1 Luminivores while Xavier rushes towards a level 2 Luminivore.

"The artist you've been bodyguarding outside of work?" Xavier yells over the sound of my guns and the screeching aliens.

"That's the one." I call back as I take down the Luminivore I'm fighting and turn to him.

"Well then, you're gonna need this." He says after taking down the Luminivore he's fighting. He throws a long object my way, the metal glistening in the light of Xavier's attacks as he resumes the fight.

"My sword." I exclaimed, catching it and diving out of the way of a phase 2 Luminivore.

"Let's do a combo attack to finish off the remaining level 1 Luminivores." Xavier suggests.

"Good idea." I call as I stab the level 2 Luminivore I was fighting, watching it crumple to the ground.

"Together now Xavier!" I yelled, with swift movements, the two of us side by side, spun around and plunged our swords forwards with the embedded strength of our evols to deal a damaging blow to the Luminivores.

The remaining phase 1 aliens dissipated.

Sheathing my sword I pulled out my guns and began firing at the level 3 Luminivore while Xavier fought some of the level 2's. Using my active skill I sent an energy charged bullet at the thing before firing repeatedly at it.

When the time was right I jumped back calling Xavier to my side as I unsheathed my sword once more. The two of us ran forward and slashed at the staggering phase 3 Luminivore.

"1 down 5 to go." I huffed, whipping the sweat from my brow.

"Let's make quick work of this then." Xavier said. Without giving me a second to reply he disappeared activing his own special skill and at the speed of light, sent multiple splashes to a phase 2 Luminivore effectively killing it.

Focusing my mind once again on the battle I began firing at the remaining Luminivores.

One by one Xavier and I used our weapons, skills and teamwork to take down the remaining Luminivores, finishing the attacks with our Ardent Oath attack.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed once the Luminivore was eliminated. Falling onto the cold stone floor of the cave exhausted.

"Are you okay? You shouldn't push yourself too hard." Xavier says crouching in front of me, seeming to not have broken a sweat which irked me slightly but my exhaustion was far too great to react.

"I'm fine... just need to catch my breath." I say as I inhale deeply to try and ground myself before tiredly pushing myself back up into my feet.

"First I fought with Herte Knaves and then Luminivores. I'm almost scared to find out what wanderer took Rafayel." I sighed.

"You've already battled wanderers?! No wonder you're more exhausted than usual." Xavier says in shock.

"Never mind that we need to keep on moving, you saw the blood. Rafayels condition must be critical for that much blood to stain the slope." I say, nodding towards the still blood stained slope.

"You're right. Here, let me carry you through the next part of the cave. You're gonna need your energy." Xavier says crouching and turning his back to me.

"So do you... I'll be alright Xavier." I place my hand on his shoulder and smile tenderly. "Let's find Rafayel." And with a small pat to the shoulder I walk off down the new path.

As I go to switch on my phone's torch, a bright glow behind me lights up the path ahead.

"At least let me do this if you won't let me carry you." Xavier says, coming up behind me as I stare at the ball of light he's made out of his evol in his hand.

"Lead the way, starlight." I chuckled and follow Xavier further into the cave.

~~~

To Be Continued

To Be Continued

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.