•43•

Day Five

Y/n

Nick and Riley entered Monty's room with bags that obviously contained more than what you had asked them for.

"Look, we got the litter and the box, but we were like, what if she doesn't have food or a food bowl or toys for the kitten? And I knew you didn't because you probably didn't think ahead, so we got everything." Nick smiled with a big ass grin as he handed you one of the bags.

Too stunned to speak, you curiously fished out a little two bowl dish, and a small pack of toys and another pack of treats from the bag.

You couldn't hold back a smile, "thank you guys… just give me the receipt and i'll pay back what was spent."

"Psh, pay us back by hanging out after work tonight. Riley and I are having a little party and we want you to come." Nick cocked his head, his hair falling over his face.

From your peripheral you could see Monty narrow his eyes at Nick, like he disapproved of him asking you to a party.

But… you owed them so, "sure? I haven't been to a party since I was like 16…" they really weren't your thing.

You partied for a small amount of time when you were sixteen—alcohol, weed, and all—but that was because you thought bad boys and being bad with them were cool. However, you grew out of that phase, experiencing constant hangovers, bad highs, and decided you just weren't that type of girl.

Plus, seeing him screwing another girl while you were about to throw up from being too crossfaded hadn't been the greatest experience.

Since then you've been sober, and kept things calm. Well… in terms of drugs and alcohol.

"Don't worry, it won't be anything big. Just a small little thing." Riley assured.

Monty roughly snatched one of the bags from Nick, without a word. They still seemed a bit tense with each other and Nick glared at the gator.

Monty, completely ignoring him, pulled out a litter box from the bag, and set the thing behind his trash can. He tried angling it so that it was mostly hidden, but the kitten should be able to find it and get into it with ease.

Watching as he was bent over, Briefly you wondered if he'd have a nice butt, if he wasn't you know. A robot.

You scratched your head, hoping no one could read your mind.

Riley pulled out some litter from another bag, "I wasn't sure what kind to get but this walnut one seemed like a decent choice."

They handed it to the gator and he ripped the top open with ease. "How much do I pour?" He asked, looking at you.

"Just enough to cover the bottom I think… like enough for the kitten to bury its poop…"

You weren't entirely sure. But it was a good guess, and it sounded right.

Monty nodded and poured some of the brown litter into the box. It had a smell to it—like an earthy smell—but it wasn't bad.

You set the bowls by his sofa, trying to keep it out of sight, but still easily accessible for the kitten.

"Here you go," Nick handed you another bag, this one containing a poop scooper, a water bottle, and a small bag of kitten food.

You took out the food and tried to open the bag. Key word, tried.

Monty was already done setting up the litter box, and watched you with amusement as you struggled. you glared at him, shoving the cat food towards him to open.