5

I took the mail from the floor, placing it on the kitchen island. I went through some of them, just irrelevant posts.

But then one specifically different than the others, addressed to me, caught my eye.

'Dearest Lee Sarang'

I raised a brow, opening the pink envelope carefully and confused.

In there, was not only confetti as I pulled out the letter - making a complete mess on my countertops, but an invitation.

'You have been invited to Seokhoon's and Eunhye's celebratory ceremony, gathering past friends for a reunion,

Please arrive in formal attire and ensure you bring this invitation as proof at the venue'

I chuckled, looking at the date and the location. It was pretty soon, and thinking about it, I didn't have many formal dresses or outfits to go out in.

Looks like it would be time for that to change.

I folded the letter up carefully, slotting it in the pink envelope once again and just completely ignoring the confetti splattered all across my counters.

That would be a problem I will deal with later.

But for the meantime, I decided I'd actually go and buy a few outfits for occasions like these.

I made my way directly into the city of Seoul, walking around stores and looking through windows at dresses, cute clothes and other things.

As I passed by a store, a certain dress inside caught my eye.

It was a cocoa brown satin dress, asymmetrically cowl-necked and not only that, backless. I entered the store, immediately heading towards the dress on the stand. 

"Can I help you ma'am?" A worker approached me, with a beam on her face as I looked over at her, and then pointed at the dress.

"I'd like to try this one on." I told her as she nodded, heading into the back and not so long, coming back with the dress in my size.

I took it off her, heading into one of the changing rooms and proceeding to battle with it. It was a little struggle to get on, especially because I had to contort my body ninety degrees to the right in order to zip it up, thankfully it was backless, so I didn't need to fight with the zipper too much.

As I finished putting it on, I stared at it in the mirror.

Damn. Where the hell have you been all my life?

The brown colour complimented my skin tone, and not only that, but my figure itself. You wouldn't even be able to tell that I had dug my fingers into the chest of a patient a few days prior to this.

I felt like a whole new girl, and it made me really realise, how much of my life I had actually missed out. There'd be no way I would miss this reunion, even if it included people who I hated.

I admired myself a little longer, turning around and giggling like a little idiot. It made me feel like a young teenage girl once again. I had never known what it felt like to enjoy teenage life, due to my families condition - being not so rich and having to help my mother most of the time - I had to just suck it up, and tell myself I'd celebrate my teenage life in my adulthood.

And here I was, stood looking like I was extremely important in this dress.

I cleared my throat, feeling the satin fabric against my fingers, it even felt expensive. But did that matter? I was a surgeon, there's no way I was broke anyways.

I took the dress off, dressing back up into my normal clothes. I held the dress carefully in my arm, and as soon as I got out of the changing room, I made my way straight to the cashier.

I placed the dress on the counter, she took it and scanned the dress, giving me a cute smile.

"Are you going somewhere important?" She inquired as I tapped my card on the reader.

I chuckled, nodding my head.

"I guess you could say that." I smiled, taking the bag off her hands with the dress inside. I felt as if I was about to start jumping in excitement, now, I had to find heels and maybe some additional smaller things.

"Have a nice day." She spoke as I left the store, feeling all excited and childish.

Throughout the rest of the day, I went around stores, buying things - even if I didn't need them - and just reenacting what should have been my childhood.

In the end, I came home with so many bags, so many that I couldn't even be bothered unpacking them, I only unpacked the main ones, which included the one with the dress inside.

I was just so excited to wear this out.