37

"What's wrong with you?" He whispered lowly, a look of concern in his eyes as my sharp eyes met his.

"What do you mean?" I retort back, unusually cold. I have no idea whether this was triggered by jealousy, or by Hyun-bin.

Jay gave me a look of pure confusion, furrowing his brows and lips pouting in a slight frown.

"This is what I mean." His lips curved into a smirk as I just observed his face.

Wow, everything from the eyes to the lips, wow. He was so pretty.

"Nothing is wrong." I snapped coldly at him, in a quiet tone so we didn't disturb Hyojin and her father's conversation.

But through his gaze, he could clearly tell I was frustrated and on edge over something.

Again, I was about to leave, but stopped by Hyun-bin saying my name.

"Sarang." Hyun-bin assertively said my name, clearing his throat right after as I gave a small sigh, preparing myself for a reprimanding or some next level sexism.

I turned around, just staring him down as he swallowed hard, looking back at me. The whole room collapsed into silence.

But before he could say anything more, which he was about to, the door slid open, a nurse panicked, looking at me with such urgency.

"Dr Lee!! We need you to assist in a surgery, Dr Choi has called for your help!" She spoke with worry in her eyes, and with that, I left the room - not even saying a goodbye but instead, hurrying to the operating room Dr Choi was present in.

-

A FEW HOURS LATER

I head to the office, grabbing my stuff and giving a large sigh, what a long ass day.

Soohyun closed his locker beside me, looking over at me with a gentle smile.

"Thanks for coming, I know you were supposed to be off." Soohyun gave a light grin as I nodded, too tired to even give him a smile back.

"It's okay, I love my job anyways." I told him, about to head out of the office.

"Oh - also, Jay told me to tell you that he's waiting for you outside when you're done." Soohyun suddenly mentioned, and I glanced over him, crossing my brows together ever so slightly.

"Jay? He's outside? Uh, what.." I was confused, wondering why the hell he'd wait for me when he's got things to do, and people to please - cough - Hyojin.

"You know, I didn't know you were dating. He only told me like three hours ago - I feel like an idiot introducing you to him." He scratched the nape of his neck awkwardly

"Dati-- Oh. Yeah, dating, ahaaaa." I completely forgot about that contract we had, damn, I keep almost giving myself away, "I mean, it happens." I shrugged it off.

And finally, with that, I head out of the office, making my way out of the building and hopefully home. On the way there, a few nurses gave a bow, saying goodbyes and whatnot.

It was a sweet community of workers here.

I stepped outside of the hospital, it was so late. I just couldn't believe I had two spontaneous major surgeries in one day - like - surely I deserve a medal for that.

Nevermind I guess.

I sighed, Soohyun said Jay would be here, but there's not a car of his in sight. So looks like I'd have to make the treacherous walk home.

I groaned to myself, maybe I should just sleep on the ground at this rate, it'd be better for me in the short run.

But, without another complain, I began walking through the parking lot, trying to get out of the hospital grounds.

Out of nowhere, two bright beams blinded me, a booming engine heading my direction. I didn't even take like, fifteen steps, and he drove straight up to me.

Oh, looks like he was waiting for me after all. Jay got out, changed completely from his work uniform, unlike me.

His face was jovial, a bright beam of light on his cheekbone. It was 2am, and this guy looked like he bathed in sunlight.

I was tired, giving up with everything right now.

"Come on, hurry, get in before I need to drag your passed out corpse on the floor." Even his voice was eager and smiley, I have no idea what was going on with him, but I did not like a single thing. He was surely up to something.

Without even arguing back too, surprisingly, I got in, the comfort of his leather seats giving relief to my whole body.

"Hey Sarang, Sarang, Saaaraanggg." He continuously called out my name as I shut my eyes, trying to block out his annoying ass voice, "Saraaaanggg!! Sarang Sarang!!!"

I turned my head slowly to look at him, opening my eyes with a completely dissatisfied glare.

"What now." I groaned, shutting my eyes once again.

"Sarang??? Hellooo Sarang?? This girl did not just fall asleep on me." Jay complained, with a gentle groan mixed with a chuckle of awe.