12

HELLO, 911! THERE'S A BLUDGER ON THE LOOSE

"Is this about quidditch?" James asked, bouncing in his seat

"Yeah! I'm so excited!" Sirius cheered.

At the quidditch match, numerous devoted fanatics eagerly sat up in their seats, their eyes shining with excitement as they anticipated the thrilling spectacle about to unfold on the screen above.

As eleven o'clock approached, the whole school started to make its way down to the Quidditch stadium. It was a muggy sort of day with a hint of thunder in the air. Ron and Hermione came hurrying over to wish Harry and (Name) good luck as they entered the changing rooms.

The team pulled on their scarlet Gryffindor robes, then sat down to listen to Wood's usual pre-match pep talk.

"Slytherin have better brooms than us," he began, "no point denying it. But we've got better people on our brooms. We've trained harder than they have, we've been flying in all weathers –" ("Too true," muttered George Weasley. "I haven't been properly dry since August") "– and we're going to make them rue the day they let that little bit of slime, Malfoy, buy his way onto their team."

Chest heaving with emotion, Wood turned to Harry. "It'll be down to you, Harry, to show them that a Seeker has to have something more than a rich father. Get to that Snitch before Malfoy or die trying, Harry, because we've got to win today, we've got to."

"Yeah! You can do it kids!" James and Sirius cheered excitedly.

"So no pressure, Harry," said Fred, winking at him.

"Also, it'll be (Name)'s first debut game," Wood said, turning to the demiwitch and nodded. "Break a leg out there and score as many as you can."

"Just don't literally break one, if you know what I mean," Grover said, a mischievous glint in his eye as he playfully teased his best friend about their escapades. (Name) chuckled softly in response, the memory of a certain near-miss still vivid in her mind.

"Well, it's not me who broke a bone out there this time," (Name) shook her head with a small smirk, her gaze shifting to her godbrother, who visibly winced as the past incident replayed in his thoughts, a mix of sheepishness and relief flashing across his face.

"You got it, capt'n," (Name) gave him a wink and a two finger salute.

As they walked out onto the pitch, a roar of noise greeted them; mainly cheers, because Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were anxious to see Slytherin beaten, but the Slytherins in the crowd made their boos and hisses heard too. The scene showed the faculty box where Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy sitting next to Snape as they readied to watch the quidditch game.