Chapter I: A Royal Intro

"OMG Mother, I can't wait to enter the Grand Ball Festival with this beautiful gown!! Will Princess Charlotte be there too?" Princess Zephyrina asks her mother, Queen Eleanor.

"Yes, Zephyrina, every other royal family from kingdoms across the globe are coming to The Grand Ball Festival. After centuries of anticipation, The Festival finally arrives! And by the way, you are getting a new gown for the Ball, alrighty?"

Zephyrina looks out the window of her large bedroom, where she can see the guards setting up the decorations and food for the grand celebration.

The Queen is braiding the Princess's smooth hair and clipping hair charms onto her hair, making it look fragile to even touch.

All the jewellery on the Princess's hair is made up of pure diamond and glass.

- ~~~~~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~~~~~ -

"MOTHER! I was training one of our horses to give a high five, and look what happened.." exclaimed Prince Sebastian.

"Oh dear, that looks unpleasant, Sebastian! Your fingers are almost crushed, for heaven's sake! I'll call the Royal Physician. Oh dear lord, you only make your mother more terrified by your doings day by day!"

Prince Sebastian slightly smirked looking at his sister Zephyrina, while she exchanged a smirk back to him in return.

The royal siblings loved to trouble their parents, but they set their limits.

The Grand Ball Festival was on the third day of the third month of the year it was reintroduced. This made the Festival very Grand.

But no one exactly knew the true reason due to which it was not running for a counting of centuries.

There are countless myths about this.

Two of the most popular myths were:

1: The festival is set on the third day of the third month of a year (when it was reintroduced) and due to the specific positioning of the fest, it is believed that the royals of ancient times have put upon a blessing for the royals that dance in the ball in the upcoming years

or

2: It was a curse from the ancient king or queen, who was repellent to love, and one day the king/queen walked into a ballroom and chanted a curse upon the grand Ball Festival so that they would forget about the festival for centuries.

The last part of the second myth became a trend with those who knew about the rare occurrence of the Ball.

But these are just myths. Who knows the real reason behind this grand event's centuries lag of occurrence?