Chapter IV: Charlotte Knows It All

The next morning was an exciting start to the day, as The Princess woke up to the sound of trumpets and violins playing in the streets of the kingdom.

Zephyrina looked at herself in the mirror. "Oh god, a pimple! No no no no no Zeph don't let Mother see this!!" She hurried inside the bathroom

She put foundation on top of the pimple to make it look like no pimple popped up on her face.

Her bathroom looked like this:

She came out of the bathroom and--

Sebastian splashed a huge mug of water on Zephyrina's face and drenched her robe.

"AHHH!! SeBastiAn!! You come right here. NOW!" Yelled Zephyrina at her brother.

He ran across the 12 rooms on the floor and slid his way down the stair railing. Zephyrina did the same thing and when she reached downstairs, she grabbed a jug of orange juice and splashed it on the Prince's back. 

"Ughhr, Zeph. You couldn't find anything better than my orange juice could you?"

The siblings were both drenched: Zephyrina with soap water and Sebastian with his favourite orange juice.

"Oh dear oh dear what have you done, Your Highness!" The duo laughed at each other as if somebody cracked a very funny joke there.

They rushed back to their rooms to clean up and by the time, their parents woke up.

"Zephyrina, what was that noise I heard? It woke me up while I was having a pleasant dream about tomorrow's Festival. Oh dear."

"Zephyrina chuckled and went to her room and changed into a nice dress.

"Princess Zephyrina! You have a visitor again!" Said the local attendant

"Let her in." She replied.

She went downstairs and saw Charlotte walking in.

"Hey Zephyrina, can we go by the pond again?" Said Charlotte.

"Sure, Cherry.."

And just like yesterday, they both walked towards the glittering pond. 

"I talked to the Royal Astrologer in my palace, and she told me that The Grand Ball holds significant secrets within, but she also said that it can't be revealed to anyone unless he or she gets to know by themselves. It is weird I know, Zephyrina."

"How about we not discuss about this, Charlotte? You got me thinking about the myth nonsense since yesterday evening. Just stop." Responded Zephyrina.

"Okay, as you wish, dear friend." Replied Charlotte.

The duo walked around the gardens, picked flowers and clipped them onto each other's hair. 

"Save flowers for tomorrow, friend" Said Zephyrina

"Hmm... My attendants are making bouquets for all our Royal people. I'll bring them tomorrow for the Grand Fest. A few of my cousins are coming too. I'll introduce them to you."

"Oh, nice." Said Zephyrina with a smile.