Chapter III: Truth Untold

The duo walked for a few minutes through the Kingdom and finally reached the shiny pond, where there was a gentle breeze of fresh air and a cooling water fountain.

"So.." Princess Charlotte started; "Do you know about this Ball Festival?"

"Of course, what are you even talking about? It is a celebration where you dance around to slow songs and wear pretty dresses and--"

"No! Not like that... Do you know why our great grandparents, or let's say the kings and queens centuries ago did not celebrate this Ball?"

"Yeah, Charlotte. You know about the two myths, right?"

"My mother said neither was true."

"No way! Then what happened, you tell me." Stated Zephyrina.

"Nobody knows! We can find out..."

"When??"

"On the day of The Grand Ball. You're with me."

"But then, what do we do?"

They both sat down on a bench near the water lilies.

"You and me. And maybe a few other people who we can trust are going places to discover the TRUTH!!" Said Charlotte with a serious expression.

"Nice joke. Well, it was a bad joke, because it just doesn't make any sense!"  said Zephyrina

"It will make sense to you. In a day or two. All the best, Zeph!" Said Charlotte and ran away gleefully holding her dress with both her hands on either side to keep it from stumbling on it.

Zephyrina sat on her bench, staring at Princess Charlotte's figure disappearing into the short green woods, thinking about whatever Charlotte told her

"Should I ask Mother and Father about it? Or should I not...? It would be better if I asked... Sebastian! Maybe he should know..." muttered Zephyrina under her breath. "Or should I ask a local attendant? Or my aunt Queen Miranda? Or my history teacher Miss Harrington?"

Zephyrina's head was filled with all the questions that never arose in her mind ever before. Her best friend got her zoning out and daydreaming for the rest of the day, as she was thinking of various ways she could unfold the secrets behind it.

As her family sat for dinner at their dining table, she asked the question looking at her plate, so that anyone could answer her question instead of one particular person.

"Is the myth of the Grand Ball not true?"

Her mother and father looked at her, meanwhile, her brother as he is, did not bother listening to the question or answering it.

"No one knows, dear. It is up to you to decide." Her father King Arnold replied with a smile.

Zephyrina slightly looked at her father and then looked back at her plate and started eating tiny bites, still thinking about it. 

"Why am I even bothering about the myth? Can't I just mind my own business?" Thought Zephyrina.

--       ~~~~~~~~~~~~                                         *                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~          --

P.S: The pictures are from Pinterest and not mine!