Chapter IX: Cherry's Confessions

(Dear reader, I would like to inform you that this chapter includes some scenes of violence. If you are sensitive to this kind of content, I recommend seeking guidance and increasing your awareness of the type of violence depicted in so and so. Your well-being is of utmost importance to me. Thank you for your understanding and consideration.Thanks! )

"Friendships will come and go, all you will have is yourself through-out the journey of life"

                                                                                                - A Wise Person

"You're crying. I see that." Blackwood scoffed and looked away out the window.

"Oh as if I don't know, Blackwood" Sobbed Zephyrina as she spoke with guilt.

Charlotte continued: "I had-"

 "YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME, Charlotte. For I have not suspected you of any such problems. Why?"

"I'll tell you, Zephyrina. I'm being honest, I truly am extremely guilty. I was just a little jealous that everyone except me was leading in their lives and I was stuck behind in familial 'norms'."

Adelaine Blackwood took a packet of peanuts which was kept on her work table and started munching on them watching them vent.

"Look, I didn't have any bad intentions towards any of you, okay? I swear, nothing bad has happened so far back at the ball."

-----   ~~~~~~                                                             *                                                      ~~~~~'    ------

                                                                  At the ball

Earlier, the scene was one of peace and grace as everyone danced together. 

However, it seems that the atmosphere has changed considerably as the same people who were once dancing peacefully have now transitioned into a state of being in "villain mode." 

They're behaving in a way that is aggressive or hostile towards others. They were throwing things here and there and beating each other up. 

There was lots of violence and bruises at the ball, many were injured. No one knows why and what they were doing. It was like they were knocked out of their senses.

Like demon has taken over their souls.

They had fire and negative light in their eyes.

They were overly aggressive and had no sympathy towards anything.

They ran here and there in search of more things to destroy.

 --     ~~~                        *                           ~~~            --

"Just get to the point. What in the world is happening, Charlotte?"

Charlotte sighed and looked at Adelaine.. "Mm *crunch* *munch* these are delicious. Carry on, Cherylot."

She looked back at Zephyrina who was unable to think of anything else other than her own best friend keeping a dirty secret from her this whole time.

"I only wanted to make myself the hero this time, Zephyrina. I really wanted the title everyone else gets. You know my family, they restrict me from many things other than coming over at your palace daily."

"Charlotte.." Sobbed Zephyrina.

"What? I said I'm sorry, okay? I know very well how to fix this." She blurted out with attitude.

"Charlotte that's not what I want to say. You disappointed me a lot, but tell me; how are you going to explain it all to the four others standing outside cluelessly?"

"I'll find ways. I'm smart enough." Charlotte stormed out of the treehouse.

"Follow me back to filthy, wretched Luminara." She was too aggressive. 

Everyone was in shock. They didn't know what to do.

While  the other went along, Julian stayed back and went up the treehouse.

"Zephyrina.. I'm sorry... i didn't expect cousin sis would behave this way to you." Julian showed sympathy in his eyes while speaking to the broken Zephyrina.

"Thanks a lot. Just... help me keep my distance from her."

Zephyrina got up from the creaky chair she sat on for support. She followed Julian out the small treehouse door. She shot a look at Blackwood on the way.

"Hmph, teenagers..." Scoffed Blackwood and poured the entire bag of peanuts into her mouth.