Squidbeak Survival 19: The Modifiers

Kimi: "But on the bright side, you have that gem Callie got. It can be used as a decoration."

Callie: "Plus it's more beautiful when it hits that sunlight juuuust right!"

Marie: "Huh, so there's that use."

Bleu: "Hey...there's the island."

As soon as Bleu said that, everyone turned their glaze at the simmering, shining green gems on that small, miniature island.

"Hell yea, back at Crystal Island!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Back at Crystal Island!" Zal shouted, making Marie cover her right ear, since she was close to her. "Yea, you don't have to yell." "Sorry bout that!" "Ahh, them shiny crystals." Xander said. "...Hey, do you know what I just realized?" Callie questioned. "How do we take it out?...."

That might be a problem. These looked way too heavy to take out, and pretty rock-hard solid to cut through.

Zal: "Couldn't we just bring the one I pulled out?"

Xander: "Do you even have the energy to pull it out?"

Zal: "Mayhaps."

Kimi: "I feel like if we pull out a gem we haven't used, it can be a more powerful source."

Marie: "Yea, and find one that can fit. Too small, little-to-no charge, too large, how would it go in?"

Callie: "So we need to find one exactly the same size as my gem."

Zal: "What we waitin' for? Let's-a find some!"

Everyone splitted up to look for a same-size gem like Callie's. Yes, some were too small and some were too large, but it's a working process.

"Too large." "Too small." "This one's cricked..." "Nope." "Damn that one's at the bottom of the sea." "Is this it? No..." "This one's cracked....don't think that's good." "Hey, this is a decent looking one. Will this work?" "It does look like mine. Think it'll work?" "Well it...slightly bigger than yours...but I think there's no problem with that." "So how do we get it outta the ground?"

The gem they're talking about was stuck in the ground, and no matter how hard they pulled, it just wouldn't come out. Barely even budge.

Marie: "Damn, that's a strong one."

Kimi: "I didn't think this would be hard to move..."

Xander: "Zal, little help here?"

Zal: "Gotcha!"

Zal did a little stretch and grabbed the crystal with all -or what's left of- her strength. . . .nothing. The thing's stuck like glue. Zal let go and fell back on the ground, grunting. "Oof....ah..." "...Well...that was kinda weak." "No..no I'm not weak. In fact," Zal got up and immediately touched a large gem, feeling the shock and energy flowing through her body.

"WOW!! AND I'M BACK, BABY!!"

Zal went back to the gem and pulled on it with even more strength then she had before. And unsurprisingly, the gem started to move a little, but Zal fell down again...like she used up too much energy.

Zal: "Ouch..."

Callie: "What happened, Zal? You almost had it."

Zal: "...Ugh...I don't know. I felt a strong headache when I was lifting it."