Not offended

Beth looked down as she thought to herself, "it feels like every time I try to get to know him better, I'm just tearing open a deeper scar..." Ise's pats her shoulder and said, we should get going, here! I'll drive you home this time. 

Ise climbs on top of the panzer and Beth approaches him and asks, Ise!? am I...tearing you apart? He froze, thinking of an honest yet painless way to reply and Beth said, I still want to driver the panzer with you three! so please! be honest with me! Ise sighs and said, I don't mind talking about home, I was born in America after all. you aren't hurting me. Beth, I call those boys my brothers because of how well we got along together when we were around each other. I met them the same way I did all of you, that's why I agreed to come here and help. that's why I left them behind in Germany. I needed new friends, ones that I  could rely on. not some idiots that slacked off whenever the chiefs back was turned. do you know how angry that made me, just seeing them do that? I have first hand battlefield tank warfare experience, you need that in a tank commander. not just plopping a soldier in one and telling him he's in charge.

all I'm trying to say is, you and the rest of the crew bring me joy to see that true spirit and courage in students would step forth and fight for what they truly love. I'm not offended by you at all Beth, now let's get you home.