Chapter 202 Best Toolman

And so, Zhang Yi and the chubby Xu Chunlei inexplicably became partners.
Zhang Yi naturally had a good impression of Xu Chunlei because this harmless chubby guy seemed easy to deal with at first glance. Dealing with people without guile always gave a sense of security, much like raising kittens or puppies.Of course, Zhang Yi took him as a little brother mainly because of his ice and snow elemental ability. In the future, once he grew up, he would definitely become a useful asset under Zhang Yi's command.But what about Xu Chunlei? As an adult male who loved the second dimension but was not understood by those around him, it had always been a pain in his heart. Unexpectedly meeting someone like-minded as Zhang Yi, he immediately became extremely affectionate towards him."Zhang Yi, let's exchange WeChat! We can discuss second-dimensional content frequently in the future, hehe!" He leaned in eagerly. "I've got a hundred terabytes of great resources! Some of them are limited edition books bought from Neon Country, stuff you can't find domestically!"Zhang Yi's expression twisted a bit. "Actually... I have a girlfriend."Xu Chunlei's face suddenly stiffened, then he said somewhat resentfully, "Real-world women... they're not even interesting!"Zhang Yi ruthlessly replied, "Isn't it just because no real-world women like you that you're saying that?"Xu Chunlei's face turned pale instantly as he stepped back several steps, looking at Zhang Yi with a terrified expression. "How did you guess that? Why did you say it?""And I'm not without admirers. Hmph, there's a beautiful girl pursuing me like crazy right now, I'm just considering whether to accept her or not!" Zhang Yi said coldly.Xu Chunlei looked stubborn. Zhang Yi raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"He didn't believe it at all."But since you're here, do me a favor!" Suddenly, he got an idea.Xu Chunlei blinked. "What favor?""Come with me and you'll find out!" Zhang Yi took out the snowmobile.Xu Chunlei admired Zhang Yi's ability to summon objects out of thin air, his admiration for Zhang Yi growing even more."Time doesn't matter, space rules! Zhang, your abilities are unique even worldwide!" Xu Chunlei exclaimed.Zhang Yi opened the car door and sat down, asking curiously, "Where did you get all these theories? They're quite systematic."Xu Chunlei smirked. "Research within our second-dimensional circle.""Heh." Zhang Yi sneered dismissively.Time doesn't matter, space rules? Zhang Yi inexplicably thought of something related to himself. When he was on the brink of death, he returned to the time just before the apocalypse, which was a kind of time travel."Could it be that I have this kind of ability that hasn't been developed yet?" Zhang Yi had always suspected this.The reason he could be reborn, that is, reversing time, might be related to awakening his supernatural abilities.But until now, he had not discovered any signs of such abilities."Regardless, my abilities are still in the early stages. Perhaps with more practice, I'll discover higher-level abilities in the future!" Zhang Yi thought.Excited, Xu Chunlei sat in the passenger seat and fastened his seatbelt, looking around curiously."It's been so long since I last rode in a car! The last time was two years ago when I went to the hospital to see my dad."Zhang Yi glanced at him. "So, you don't usually go out?"Xu Chunlei shrugged. "If it weren't for my mom forcing me to go downstairs for activities every day, I'd be too lazy to go out."Zhang Yi nodded. "Oh, it's your mom's idea."Xu Chunlei nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it's my mom's."As they chatted, Xu Chunlei gradually felt something was off. Huh? Why did he feel like he was being scolded?Suppressing a smile, Zhang Yi started the car and drove off into the distance."Zhang, where are we going?" Xu Chunlei asked."I'm taking you to find something good!" Zhang Yi replied.They arrived at a large gas station ten kilometers away.The shelter required too much energy consumption, and with his current reserves, Zhang Yi could only sustain it for about five years. Out of caution, he planned to stock up some more.However, if he did it himself, he could only use a excavator, which would be time-consuming. So, he had never been in a hurry to do so.But now, with Xu Chunlei, an ice and snow elemental toolman, he immediately thought of using his abilities to dig up resources buried under the snow!They stopped on a vast expanse of white snow. Zhang Yi looked around at the buildings, confirmed the location, and then said to Xu Chunlei, "Help me clear this snow!"Xu Chunlei didn't know what Zhang Yi was up to, but now that he recognized Zhang Yi as his boss, he naturally obediently went to work.He walked up to Zhang Yi and extended his hands towards the snow. Then his eyes emitted a icy blue light.Zhang Yi felt a familiar power surge from him. It felt like when he used his precise shooting skills.Soon, the snow in front of them began to shake violently. The accumulated snowfall over the days had compacted into something akin to solid ice.Now, it cracked open with a muffled sound."Puff--""Puff--""Crack--"The snow cracked open, resembling a dense spider web.Then large chunks of broken ice and snow floated up into the air and were thrown to the sides.Zhang Yi had been observing Xu Chunlei the whole time. Although Xu Chunlei had surrendered and become his subordinate, Zhang Yi still needed to understand his abilities.Always be on guard. Xu Chunlei's expression was relaxed at first, but as he cleared more and more snow, he started to struggle.Five minutes later, he had cleared out a pit several meters deep, revealing the gas station buried within."Phew." Xu Chunlei retracted his ability, suddenly kneeling on the ground, panting heavily."Zhang, is this okay?" Xu Chunlei asked.Zhang Yi nodded, seemingly calm on the surface but actually ecstatic in his heart! With Xu Chunlei, this top-tier toolman, obtaining resources in the future would be too easy!He took out two chocolate bars and handed them to Xu Chunlei."Eat something to replenish your energy!"Xu Chunlei's eyes lit up when he saw the chocolate bars. It was his favorite, but he hadn't had it in a long time!"Thanks, Zhang!" Xu Chunlei took the chocolate bar, tore open the packaging, and stuffed it into his mouth.The rich aroma of cocoa melted in his mouth, making him almost cry with happiness.Meanwhile, Zhang Yi slid down the edge of the pit, collecting the stored oil from the gas station's underground tank.