Chapter 220: Why Are You the Hope of the Nation?

Zhang Yi and the others arrived in the corridor, where the battle between Liang Yue and the black monster had escalated into a fierce confrontation.
Steel needles were scattered on the ground, emitting a black glow. Zhang Yi picked up two with gloves designed to prevent cuts and stored them in his own dimensional space. He would study them later when he had time. "Fatso, get moving!" Zhang Yi signaled to Xu Pangzi. Xu Pangzi obeyed and approached, unleashing his own ability towards Liang Yue and the black monster.*Crack—*Suddenly, huge cracks appeared around the ice corridor. Liang Yue's pupils contracted, and she quickly stepped back. The next moment, the ice above collapsed massively, hundreds of tons of ice burying the corridor completely. The black monster in front of Liang Yue disappeared without a trace. With a large amount of ice between her and the monster, there was no way to pass. Liang Yue was trembling with anger, glaring at Zhang Yi and Xu Pangzi. "You!"Xu Pangzi was frightened and quickly hid behind Zhang Yi. Zhang Yi, on the other hand, smiled and placed his right hand on the trigger. "No need to thank me. We are all humans, helping each other is natural."Liang Yue was trembling with rage. She raised her Tang sword, pointing it at Zhang Yi's face. "Do you know what you've done? I was about to defeat that monster! This is my last chance. If I miss it, it won't fall for the same trick again!"For this final showdown, she had staked everything, burning all her energy for a fight to the death. If she failed to kill the monster this time, she and her students would be killed one by one by the cunning creature. She hated Zhang Yi with every fiber of her being. Zhang Yi looked innocent. "Oh? Is that so? I just wanted to help you, afraid you'd lose to that monster."He pointed towards Yang Xinxin inside the classroom. "If it weren't for your student worrying about your safety and pleading with me, I wouldn't have bothered."Liang Yue gritted her teeth, her eyes filled with a desire to tear Zhang Yi apart. "You bastard!"She couldn't hold back her anger and rushed at Zhang Yi with her sword. Her speed was like lightning, definitely not inferior to the black monster's!Seeing her attacking with killing intent, Zhang Yi quickly stopped smiling. "A beautiful woman like you shouldn't look so ugly when angry."As he spoke, he raised the Golden Sand Eagle in both hands. *Bang!*The tremendous recoil made Zhang Yi's shoulders tremble, but the bullet, infused with his ability, packed a huge punch. If Liang Yue wanted to attack Zhang Yi, regardless of her reasons, he had to retaliate. In the blink of an eye, Zhang Yi witnessed a surprising scene. Liang Yue deflected the bullet with a swift motion in mid-air, creating bullet holes in the walls on both sides with a *snap*.She had actually deflected the bullet barehanded!A master of Iaido could cut a tennis ball traveling at 820 kilometers per hour. And Liang Yue, a top martial artist with supernatural abilities, could deflect bullets!In an instant, Liang Yue was already in front of Zhang Yi with her sword.A smile crept onto Zhang Yi's lips. This was the moment he had been waiting for!The dimensional door opened before him. Sensing the danger, Liang Yue tried to react, but her speed was too fast, and she couldn't dodge in time.*Swish—*Liang Yue disappeared directly into the dimensional door. Zhang Yi counted to two in his mind, then immediately opened the dimensional door again, releasing her. Staying inside for too long could be fatal.His interference this time did disrupt Liang Yue's plans. He felt a little embarrassed about it. Moreover, she was Yang Xinxin's teacher; he couldn't do such things in front of her. However, Liang Yue, who had only spent two seconds in the dimensional space, collapsed as soon as she came out, as if she were completely exhausted. "What... was that just now?" Liang Yue gasped for breath, her eyes filled with fear.She had already consumed most of her strength during the battle with the monster. The lack of food and exhaustion had left her unable to stand.Zhang Yi shrugged. "I was just trying to help, and you pulled a knife on me. Ah, women are so hard to understand."He walked over to Liang Yue and took her very beautiful Tang sword, holding it in his hand. "To prevent you from getting angry again, I'll hold onto this dangerous thing for you!"Zhang Yi grinned.Since this sword could cut bullets, it was obviously a top-notch weapon. Of course, he had to keep it for himself.Liang Yue glared at him angrily, as if she wanted to eat him alive. "You... You... Give Dragon Roar back to me!"Having her precious sword taken away almost made Liang Yue faint!"Okay, okay, don't be angry. Anger is harmful to health. Uh... two students, help your teacher over there to rest!" Some students nearby dared to come forward and helped Liang Yue to the side. Leaning against the wall, Liang Yue was extremely weak, and even standing up seemed to require a lot of effort. She could only stare at Zhang Yi, threatening weakly."What kind of people are you? What is your purpose for coming here?"Zhang Yi's gaze fell on Yang Xinxin as he said, "I was entrusted by her family to take her away.""Take her away?"Hope flickered in Liang Yue and the other students' eyes. "Can you take us with you?" "It's too dangerous here. Did you see that monster? It has already eaten hundreds of people from our school!""Please, take us with you! My dad will definitely reward you in the future, whatever amount of money you want!""My dad is a director in xx bureau!""My dad is a department head in xx!"...Zhang Yi became a little impatient listening to them. He spoke in a cold tone, "I'm only here to take her away. As for the rest of you, you should find a way with your own families."The crowd became anxious when they saw Zhang Yi was unwilling to take them. "We can't contact our families!""Could you please help us? We will definitely repay you in the future. We won't let you help us for nothing!"Liang Yue looked at Zhang Yi and the other two, realizing that these three were extraordinary individuals. They were either mutants or extremely powerful fighters; otherwise, they wouldn't have the strength and courage to come to Tianqing Academy to rescue people. She said to Zhang Yi, "Judging by your appearance, you must be living a good life. You probably have a nice place to stay and plenty of food, right?""Could you please do us a favor and save these children? They are the hope of our country!"A group of students also looked at Zhang Yi hopefully.But Zhang Yi couldn't help but chuckle at their words."The hope of the nation?""Are you saying that children of high-ranking officials and the wealthy are hope, while those from ordinary families aren't?""I don't see anything particularly superior about you. Are you displaying arrogance?"Zhang Yi shook his head with a cold smirk."Since you're so outstanding, you must be able to fend for yourselves! Sorry, I'm just a kid from an ordinary family. I can't save you 'elites'."With that, Zhang Yi turned away, indicating that the conversation was over.

( If you enjoy this novel, feel free to tip via PayPal: wjw6710@gmail.com . Any amount is appreciated. Your support is my greatest motivation to continue. Thank you! )