XI

Undefeated guild? Everything is defeatable, don't make everyone laugh.

"Maze?" Isang matamlay na boses ang nagpabalik sa huwisyo ni Maze. She turned her head lightly and immediately saw a familiar face.

"Good to see you again, jill." She said with a slight smile.

Jill glanced at the Celestial Guild building before smiling bitterly, Maze saw that and squinted her eyes.

".. Ahm, b-balak mo bang mag join sa Celestial Guild?" Nakangiti si Jill pero hindi ang mga mata. "Kung oo ay maaari naman.. siguro."

"Hahaha, tignan mo ang ginagawa ng miyembro ng Ancestral Guild. She really has the guts to still recruit another member despite of the rumored disbandment of their Guild."

"Right, how pathetic! She's embarrassing!"

"If I were her, I would not dare to still make my presence known to others."

Napayuko si Jill sa mga naririnig, namula ang buong mukha nito sa kahihiyan, Maze saw how white her knuckles is. She glanced at the group of girls who's whispering while looking at them and gave them a death stare.

The girls immediately fled when they saw her glares. How terrifying.

"So, you're from Ancestral Guild?" Balik ni Maze sa kaniya. She did not glanced at the Celestial Guild anymore and just waited for Jill to answer.

Nakayukong tumango si Jill. ".. D-don't worry, I'll not ask you to join our guild. So, you can still join your preferred guild."

"Hm.. what's the benefits of winning the competition?" Tanong ni Maze.

Jill sighed and answered Maze. "If our guild wins the competition, our guild will be spared, and it will still keep running and receiving new members, missions, and allowance that will make us survive here, that's the benefits that we will get. But if you're talking about the benefits of winning while in other guild, your guild will receive a lot of praise and recognition, your guild will have the chance to rank up, and your guild will have a very large amount of allowance, you'll live comfortably and will receive any high ranking missions that is paying a high amount, your guild will also have the chance to compete with the Celestial Guild in other academy. That's the benefits for the other guilds who has a very good reputation."

Maze nod as if she understand it very well. "Is your guild will also have the chance to experience those? Ranking up, receiving very high amount of allowance, very high missions, and others?"

Napakurap si Jill bago napaisip. "Maybe and maybe not. The negotiation only stated that our guild will be spared if we wins, and if we really wins, we will only receive the normal prize but not the higher benefits that you're talking about. They think that if the Ancestral Guild really wins the competition, our biggest prize that we will get is the renewal of our contract. But on the other hand, I think that we will still have the chance to rank up again if we just keep winning and beating the other guilds." Jill suddenly saw Maze smile.

"Then, I'm joining your guild." Maze said that made Jill overact.

"W-what? B-but we're going to lose in a competition.. you're just ruining your future if you joined the guild who's going to be disbanded for a few months. Others will laugh at you for joining our guild. S-so much better if you join another except ours, Maze."

Napapalatak si Maze. "You're such a pessimistic woman."

Manilis siyang inilingan ni Jill. "No, I don't mean to be pessimistic but that's the truth."

Maze smirked and chuckled. "I'm joining. Let people watch the rise of Ancestral Guild."

Hindi naman nakapagsalita si Jill. How optimistic. But can she change Maze' mind if she can now see Maze' sparkling eyes as if she saw something interesting?

Jill sighed and made up her mind. "Then, let's go to the guild."

NASA bukana pa lamang sila ng building ay rinig na rinig na agad nila ang mga boses ng mga myembro.

"Master, I'm sorry. I'm not strong enough to be called an Ancestral. I can't even win in a competition."

"I am also sorry, Master. Like what he said, I also feel like I'm don't belong to Ancestral because I'm weak."

"What are we going to do, Master? We only have three weeks to train. I- I'm uncertain that we will gonna make it.. I don't want Ancestral to be remove!"

Napatigil sa pagbubukas ng pinto si Jill, kitang-kita ni Maze ang pangingilid ng luha ng kasama niya, she shrugged and opened the door herself.

Pagkabukas ay lahat napatingin sa kanilang direksyon, what entered Maze' eyes are the familiar faces that she saw last time.

Kumurba ang labi nito bago nagsalita. "I came here to join in your guild."

All of them were shocked, their jaw dropped and stared at her as if she's some kind of alien. Tanging ang Master lang nila ang nasa huwisyo.

"Are you sure?" He just asked that while raising his brow suspiciously.

Tumango-tango si Maze at nakangiting naglakad palapit sa kanila. She casually sat beside krae who's mouth was still open and answered Master Leus in a confident yet casual manner.

"Of course, I wouldn't be here if I'm not, Master."

Master Leus stared at her for a seconds and then suddenly, a black ring suddenly appeared in his hands. Hinagis niya ito patungo kay Maze na agad naman iyong sinalo.

Sinuri iyon ni Maze at masaya itong isinuot sa daliri.

"Congrats for becoming an Ancestral." Malamyang bati ni Master Leus na parang wala na lang pakialam sa nangyayari.

Maze sarcastically smiled. "Oh my, such a warm welcome, thank you."

Nang mahismasmasan ang mga miyembro, agad silang nagsalita ng halos sabay-sabay.

"Master? You're not going to test her strength?"

"You're not going to interrogate her?"

"Master L, you will not going to make her sign a dozen of papers?"

"Master, are you not going to make her fight blaine or krae?!"

"What? That's kinda unfair!"

Napahilot sa sintido si Leus. "Quiet."

Natahimik naman ang mga bibig nila. "What's the point of those? You guys even said that we're going to be disbanded soon so what's even the point of those?"

Maze put an amused smile on her face, she leaned on the sofa and watched them silently.

"P-pero kasi Master.. Paano natin malalaman kung enough ba ang skills niya para sa gagawing competition? What if.."

"Enough. I trust each of you, win or lose, we're still be the Last Ancestral."

Napayuko si Gave. "But I don't want to be the last. I believe that the guild was named Ancestral because it was meant to be passed on to other generations. Ancestral will keep running until the end.. And I'll do everything just to make it stay."

Napahikab si Maze. "How dramatic."

They all looked at her again, she appeared to be calm and compose as if she never worries from anything.

"What do you know?" Asik ni Gave.

Maze shrugged her shoulders before talking. "Nothing much, really. But what I do know is that the Ancestral Guild will not going to be remove from the guild's list."

After she said that, there's a voice that interjected making Maze laughed.

"She's not lying."

Maze winked at Blaine. "Right."

****

The tandem, Maze x Blaine. Lol.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure if there's a reader but I'm putting my side here.

I'm uncertain about the guild's name which is the Ancestral, I was ran out of ideas, so, ignore it if you don't like the name or it sounds weird to you. Xièxiè.