01|New school! ✨

Sitting on the couch with no energy and breathing heavily, Vaishnavi thought to take a rest after 16 km of the trek.

"Eat the medicines and lay down, we'll be going to the temple visit" said her mother.

Vaishnavi stayed in the base camp laying in her sleeping bag as she had gone to Kedarnath with her family after her class 10 board exams, and was unwell as the temperature dropped to 2°C and feeling hard to breathe due to high altitude and low oxygen level. They trekked the whole day and reached the base camp in the evening around 6 pm. In the back of her mind she was thinking about the new place where they have to move due to her father's job transfer after the vacation is over.

Laying, she thought to know more about her new school, so she opened the school's official account on Facebook and scrolled the photos.

"Wow, such a gentleman" she admired looking at a photo which the school has posted around 2 months before. She gazed at the photo of him anchoring in a sky blue shirt in fold sleeves showcasing his veiny hands and moli tied around his wrist with a messy hair with a serious look on his face. It was hard for her to not admire the serenity of his look. Her heart paced for a moment when she realised that she could see him in the new school.

Weeks passed and they have completely shifted to the new city and Vaishnavi almost forgot about the boy, it was only in her subconscious mind but never did she think of him again after that day.

She joined the school in last June, it was Monday and guess what? She was late on her first day and the assembly prayer has already started! But luckily she was not the only one who was late, seeing this she sighed!

"Jaldi jaldi bag rakho aur line me lag jao"(keep your bags and join the line quickly) shouted the sports teacher.

Listening to his words unbothered Vaishnavi slowed her walk and did the complete opposite of what was said to do.

The sports teacher noticed her and said "tumko tez chalne ko bola toh tum aur dheere chalne lagi" (I asked you to walk faster but rather you started walking slow).Listening to this, all the students standing at the back noticed her and she instead of being embarrassed, looked at them too.

She rolled up her eyes, kept her bag on the bench and joined the line for assembly and wished that assembly would end up soon but principal ma'am had some other plans.

She didn't wanted to ask anyone for her class and decided to get to her class by own. Climbing the stairs till the third floor she was completely exhausted and thought "ye roz karna padegaa!!" (I have to do this every single day!!).

She quickly went to search for her class, seeing the tag of 11-B in A block, she sighed for a moment. She got into the class and saw it was empty at that time because the students were not back into the class after assembly. As soon as she took a seat suddenly a boy entered and asked her "isme kon si class baithi hai?" (which class is sitting in this room?) Vaishnavi replied "bahar class 11th ka tag laga hai wo nahi dikha kya?"( There is a tag of class 11th outside, didn't you see that?), then the boy left saying sorry.

All the students entered the class and stared at Vaishnavi, then a girl asked "aap 11th class me ho?" (Are you in class 11th?) She calmly said yes. The girl then replied "you are sitting in wrong class didi, this is class 10th.

Vaishnavi got frustrated and thought "Aaj ka din hi kharab hai" (Today is a bad day). She was already tired standing in the assembly for half and hour then climbed till third floor and sat in a wrong class! She sighed and thought what else was left to happen that day!

Just as she left the classroom, the boy who asked her for the class came back and said, "didi, ye meri class hi hai, aap galat class me the" (Didi, this is my class, you were the one sitting in the wrong class) She nodded and didn't utter a single word.

Soon a teacher asked "Beta, which class" and then took her to C block where her class was actually sitting. When she entered, she saw that everyone was settled at their places but she wasn't nervous, she walked confidently and took the last seat which was empty.

She was familiar with the rules and regulations of the school because it was a branch of her old school, that's why she didn't feel that she was at a new place, she consoled herself by thinking "It's the same old thing with new faces". Also, the new students and almost all teachers thought that she was an old student because her shirt had the old logo but only the old students knew that she is new. Also the coordinator was from her old school and knew her very well, so Vaishnavi didn't take any time to settle herself at the new place.