S I X

It wasn't that long when we caught sight of a beautiful resort resting on the slopes of the mountain a few feet besides us. There were white cabins with brown roofs and lights were scattered in the resort illuminating the night sky. There was a huge sign mounted on the slope. Like the thing in Hollywood except this one was smaller, huge enough for the tourists to see and instead of Hollywood, it was POSEIDON on big letters.

The securities opened the gates for us and let us in. As we went through we found a parking lot with ten cars parked on it. Sage managed to park smoothly before we got out and headed for the nearest bungalow building with lights in the shape of spheres dangling on every side.

The doors were automatic and cold fresh air met us as we stepped inside. A lady dress in blue uniform and black tie noticed us and gave us a huge smile. We walked towards her, Sage in front of me.

"Good evening. Are there available rooms?" Sage asked.

The lady started typing in her keyboard, her eyes locked on the monitor before turning back to us. "Yes sir, there are cabins with two beds or do you prefer one bed?"

My eyes bulged at that and started waving my hands frantically, a few inches from her face. "No no no. We'll take the one with two beds."

She smiled at us before typing back at her computer then she asked for Sage's ID. Sage immediately searched in his pockets his wallet and pulled out an ID. I was biting my lip so hard, worried that what if she noticed that the man standing in front of him was actually the prince of England.

She looked at the ID and looked at us curiously, particularly Sage. "Have I seen you before?" she asked, suspicious.

I started biting my lip harder before an idea popped inside my head. I stepped towards her and answered, "Maybe. He worked in the carnival before. He was a clown." She looked at me stunned, like she couldn't believe it herself so I immediately added that he also cleaned the place when it closes at midnight and he stand by the ticket booths sometimes.

When I looked at her she seemed to be thinking deeply. Then she smiled at us. "Ah yes, I saw you before. Did you also work as a lifeguard before?"

"Yes I did." Sage answered.

"Yeah, that must be it." She started typing back at her computer again before she handed back the ID to Sage. "Here's the key to your room Mr. Jackson" She handed the key card and I grabbed it.

"Hey, are there any open shops inside the resort?" Sage asked before we stepped inside.

"Yes sir." She answered politely. "They're open until midnight. You can find anything you need in there."

Sage nodded but was stopped when the lady called him. "Mr Jackson!"

Our heads snapped to look at her. "Are you by any chance related to the prince of England?"

Oh oh! Red alert! Red alert!

Sage managed to smile at her and let out a chuckle before he started laughing so hard while clutching his stomach and I soon joined him. Is this an act or something?

Sage wiped a tear from his eyes before turning at the lady who was laughing a little at our outburst but I didn't fail to notice that her face had gone red. "I'm sorry sir. That was so wrong of me."

"It's okay. I'm not related to him." Of course you're not related to him because you're him. "But they did say that we kinda look alike." He gave a genuine smile before we finally stepped outside. Sage was walking a feet away from me and I noticed his wallet from his pocket from the back. Curiosity got me when I remembered when the lady called him Mr. Jackson. I grabbed his pocket and he flinched like something important was snatched away from him by a criminal, which is literally. Except that I'm not a criminal.