In Search for The Bride

Chapter 16

It's been already weeks now since Valeria has been gone missing, and as days passes by, Will was getting more and more afraid on what could possibly the Dragon do. It has also been weeks since he visited Hannibal, for after he visited Hannibal, Alana also ask him a chance of redemption, but in the end he betrayed them. Alana asked him to cooperate so they can find the Dragon for he was communicating with him but instead of cooperating, he told the Dragon that they already know about his contacts with him. Since then Alana experienced hysteria which eventually end up on the confiscation of his books, drawings and all of his privileges. Since then Hannibal never spoke a single word.

"How about we try to enrage him?" Will suggested as he look at both Jack and Alana. Since Valeria's disappearance, they are always finding a way to locate Francis Dolarhyde's whereabouts so they can finally be able to save her. But it quite a blur because Hannibal still won't cooperate even if they push him to. They know she might possibly be crossing a thin thread now but still, the hopes in their hearts that she's still alive lives.

"Do you think if we do that we can finally locate Valeria?" Alana said as she sit comfortably on the leather couch. Jack on the other hand was not that sure whether to agree to Will's suggestions or find another way. He knew there are still many options that they may be able to find just to gather the information they needed but, he also knew that they are now running out of time.

"If you want to pissed him off Will, what are you planning?" Jack finally entered the conversation.

Will then stood up from where he's been sitting and starting to pace back and forth, thinking of an accurate way to lure the Dragon out of his lair.

"We have to make a mockery, to draw him out. In that way even without Hannibal's cooperation we will be able to save Ria"

"But aren't you afraid that if this plan failed we might be able to put into a more ungrateful situation. I don't think I can bear to see that!"

"That already crossed my mind Alana, but we can't just let another day pass without making an effort to find her. After all the one she really hope that will help her, doesn't even care if she dies in there!"

"I've had enough of this argumentation, just call me when the two of you are done arguing. This is just stressing." Jack said as he exited the door to get some fresh air and escape the tension between Alana and Will.

"So now that Jack is out of here, I think we can finally talk more serious now" Will said as he smiled at Alana, they succeeded on their little plot and Jack really fell for it.

"Well you did plan to take Jack out of the picture right?, for us to think of a more acceptable plan so we won't compromise Ria's safety" Alana then took a sip of her wine while returning Will's smile with hers. "So what's the plan smarty pants?"

"The same, we will make a mockery of the Red Great Dragon. But I think we will have to need Freddie Lounds involvement in this" The way Will says the journalist name was unmistakably full of venom. Alana knows how Will loathe the girl because of what she writes about him but this fascinates her, for this is just the first time he saw Will act like this. Alana also know that Lounds involvement will totally make an impact on their plan for her news article catches everyone's eyes, even the Dragon.

"You're not telling me everything Will, what are you actually planning?"

"You said that Dr. Chilton is here to visit Hannibal right?' Alana just nodded at his question.

"We will also need the help of the doctor, he is the one who has the capacity to make the mockery towards the Dragon and Lounds will help us to publish his disclaim and mockery"

"The way you pull your thread fears me Will, you do know that you are actually putting Dr.Chilton at stake?"

"If it's the only way that I will be able to save her Alana, I will do it without considering my own conscience. She is far more important than myself and Dr.Chilton and we both know that"

What Will said was actually true, Valeria was actually important to them. Even though she and herself are in a love and hate friendship, she was the only one who actually help her to gain back her Psyche. She was also the reason why she was able to give birth to her and Margo's son. Alana was actually grateful to Valeria for taking care of them but now that she needs them, they have to make sure to find every way to save her.

"I won't say no to that Will, I'm sure what your thinking will actually make a big progress to our search"

"Of course Alana" Will assured her. "In fact, this might be also a way to bring some sense to Hannibal"

All Will ever wanted was for Hannibal to admit that he also need her safe, but still up to this point he won't allow himself to show the emotion Will wishes to see. He was still the callous man hiding in his facade which he can't understand. He already saw him shred a tear for her but was it just a show? To fool them? Clearly the Devil is a hard enemy for you won't be able to predict his moves. He was part of her childhood so he should have cared right? But no!, after he left Hannibal had betrayed them and put her into a more deeper risk and then he remained his silence. Before he won't believe his mind when it said that Hannibal Lecter wasn't capable of compassion, even Bedelia Du Maurier said this to him. But as he made some reflections about what was happening he was already convinced that Hannibal Lecter is a person you can't influence, he has his own preference of feelings and emotions and compassion is out of his list.

"Senses won't help Hannibal, Will. He already build his tall walls so that we won't have the capability to climb" Alana told him. Will was quickly cut from his reverie and look at her.

"But somehow we have to try Alana, I don't want her to break. She already suffered enough"

"Hannibal won't let you infiltrate his mind, in fact this may cause to sudden turn of events. That he will have the opportunity to enter your mind again Will" Alana firmly said those words because she knows how Hannibal uses his silver tongue. He can simply manipulate Will once more.

"I won't let that happen again Alana"

"How sure are you?" Will was taken aback by her questions. How sure is he that he won't fall again on his web? Clearly he is not sure but he knew that he have to try.

"But I have to try.." Will softy said.

"Will," Alana cut him off. "I know that you want to do everything just for her, I know how you adore Valeria, you treat her more than a sister and a friend. She was worth more to you. You married Molly to help you recover your sanity but you can't lie to me when I said that Valeria was the only one who can recover your wrecked up heart. You've adored her more than you adored me before and I can see that in your eyes Will"

Alana was right at what she said. Will was actually in love with Valeria. But he choose to stay like a brother to her so he can keep her close. But now that she's in danger, she can't help but notice the rage and anger in his eyes.

"If you really want of help her Will just stick to the first plan" Alana encourage him.

"It's the only chance we got right?" Alana nodded.

Then they called Jack to tell him a brief information about their plan. And they already set it in motion in hopes to fine her and bring her back safe and sound.