He Who Inflicted The Pain

Chapter 17

Being awaken in a room you don't own, is truly not welcoming and being binded by shackles is another. It's been hours since I awaken and find myself hanging like a chandelier with not even a single clothe to cover my body. Trying to remember what happened didn't really helped for it only increased the pain in my head.

"I see that you've finally awaken" A deep husky voice said. As I try to look at his face my eyes was blinded by the bring light.

"Who are you!, what do you want from my me" I said while hiding my fear. Then I felt a pair of hands on my waist, cold and freezing. My breathing changes suddenly for I know that he is just behind me.

"You want to know who I am?" He asked, at first I didn't answered. "Do you want to know!" After he shouted I nod. He then take his hands and put it on my arms. I shivered at this. I wasn't fearing that he will kill me after this but what I truly fear is what he will do before he kill me.

"You will know me later but first let me present you to our special guest" He then let go of my hand and walked away to push a wheelchair towards me. The man was unconscious and was bowed down so I can't see his face to know who exactly he is.

"I will leave you to for a moment" My captor said while he leaves and lock the door.

The man the suddenly gain his consciousness and was shocked to see himself tied on a wheelchair. I then took the time to look at him.

"Dr. Chilton?" I ask. He then look at me, in my situation and was puzzled.

"Where are we, and what are we doing here?" He asked I then tried my best to escape to help him but it was no use.

"I don't have the clue Doctor, but one thing is for sure, you know who that person is" I said and look at the door.

"The Red Dragon, another killer like Hannibal Lecter" He said and I hold my anger.

"Could you pray tell how he is like Hannibal?" I questioned him. He then snickered.

"Oh, sorry I forgot who I was talking to. Forgive my disrespectful mouth Mrs. Valeria Lecter" He said in a very taunting way.

Yes I was already married to him before this whole dilemma. It happened before he killed Beverly Katz. It was a simple wedding in a church in Baltimore. No one ever know the truth except us. A few years later when Alana visited me in London she found out. But how did Dr. Chilton found out? I don't have a clue.

"Are you wandering how I found out Mrs. Lecter? Well don't worry I will tell you" He said while smiling a little. "I once took hold of Hannibal's personal files after he was caught to use on my recently published book. And there I found out that he's civil status is not single anymore but married. At first I thought that he used that when he hide himself in Florence but I remember but the name he used in there is Dr. Fell" I then put y gaze away from him, for now I was remembering how he manage to choose someone else's company and not me.

"You don't have to elaborate everything Chilton just the main ones!" I said. He was about to tell something but was cut off when the door opened once more. Our captor entered once more. He then walk at me and put a gag on my mouth. Then he injected something to me.

"Just to keep you silent" He said and walk towards Dr. Chilton. My eyes becomes blurry all of the sudden but as I close my eyes my mind was clouded with fear and Dr. Chilton who was now shouting.

3rd Person POV

"Hand delivered.." Hannibal said after Alana entered the room while carrying a package in her hands. She didn't spoke a words but only slid the package inside the metal box.

"May I opened it privately?"

"You may not"

Hannibal then open the package which contains a letter and an object wrapped in tissue paper. Hannibal didn't even bothered to see the letter for he was curious to the contents of the tissue paper. And as he unwrap it he saw a pair of torn lips. Alana couldn't believe what she was seeing but was more surprised when Hannibal ate one of the lips.

Moments later Hannibal was restrained and Alana already called Jack to question Hannibal.

"Doctor Chilton often offended me so I'm certain you understand the sentiment" 

Jack then took the metal plate that contains the other pair of the lip and look at Hannibal.

"Where's the other one?" He asked.

"This one can provide everything the other can't"  Hannibal answered and then he look at Alana once more.

"I'm sorry Jack. The tragedy of what happen to Frederick had put me into an excellent humor"

Jack then put the plate down and shook his head. "Doctor Chilton disappeared yesterday on his armed escort"

"You pretended to burn Freddie Lounds in a wheelchair to flush me out. What were you pretending to do with Dr. Frederick Chilton?"

"He profiled the Dragon, for Freddie Lounds" Jack answered.

"We tried to enrage him" Alana said joining the conversation. "For we hope that this will be a way to know Valeria's whereabouts"

Hannibal then smiled at them. "Congratulations. You could have provided anything Dr. Chilton could Alana. And then your lip will be the one I should have tasted again"

"You publicly discredited Dr. Chilton. By that you orchestrated his end by proxy" Alana said but Hannibal cut him off.

"You orchestrated his end Alana" Alana then sigh and look at Jack.

"May you leave us for a while Jack?" Alana asked at him. At first Jack was reluctant but decided that this may be the best option he has now.

"Are you happy now that you are even with Dr. Chilton, Hannibal?"

"You may as well say that I'm really pleased" Answered to Alana. She on the other hand was beginning to lose her patience. Clearly she knows that to Hannibal this was only a piece of game.

"When will you stop Hannibal!, tell me when will you stop? Many people have died!"

"But you haven't.. " She was taken aback at what he said.

"You really are a despicable man, Hannibal. At this very moment Valeria's safety had been compromised. Are not even worried on what fate she may face?" She asked him. Alana then look at him hoping to see some care for the woman but his eyes remained cold.

"She fell in love with a demon, a man who is callous, she was truly naive for letting herself fall for you. Remember the time she visited you?"

"You told her you love her!," She continued. "You put her hopes up!, you manipulate her once more. She loved you with all her heart Hannibal! You said that you will protect her ,to love her! I know it was a lie but I let her believe that in hopes that you were telling the truth, that you can be trusted for the first time of your life"

"She was foolish to believe me Alana. And you let that happen"

"Why did she ever see in you Hannibal? You don't even deserve someone like her!"

"Stop portraying a mother figure Alana, she is not even your daughter"

She then look him at the eyes. She was now in rage. "I may not be her mother but I'm her friend. We may still have some ill will towards each other but I care for her!"

He then laughed at her. A laughter that you can't determine if it's genuine or not. "You are pathetic Alana, just like her" And then Alana finally had enough. She then slapped him in the face. At this moment she finally accepted the fact that breaking Hannibal Lecter was impossible even now that her wife is at stake.

"If something happen to her Hannibal," She said while holding his restrain. "I swear! I will make sure that you will be the first to see her lifeless body"

Alana then signalled her staff to let him out of his restrain. And left without another word.