Mary and John: Forever Young

Request for @wanda1527

~

Come Sunday morning, Mary and John sat in their humble abode, sipping tea and reading the newspaper.

"Cinema tonight?" asked Mary.

"I was thinking we could just laze around here," suggested John, turning the page of the newspaper. Mary sighed.

"We always 'laze around here'. I feel old John, let's do something fun."

"Honey, I thought you liked our Sunday nights?"

"I also like not feeling like an 80 year old couple. C'mon, let's do something fun and crazy!" It was John's turn to sigh. Determined not to just sit around here all night, Mary went to stand in front of John, hands on her hips, and looking down at him disapprovingly. "Get up you grump and get dressed!" she ordered.

"Fine," he huffed, giving in and hoisting himself up from the chair.

"Don't be long," commanded Mary, slapping him on the bum as he walked past.

"Mary!" shrieked John, redness traveling to his cheeks, the ones on his face, as he gaped at her.

"Oh don't be such a drama queen, I didn't even hit you that hard." She muffled her laughter as she watched him walking away, hand rubbing his sore bum and muttering "bloody crazy woman" under his breath.

~

"Just do it John."

"What if he sees me?"

"The only way he'll see you is if you don't follow the plan. Just knock on the door and run as fast as you can back to the hiding spot. It's simple as that."

"I don't know why you can't do it!" he argued.

"Because," reasoned Mary, "I'm not the one eating dinner at 4 o clock and taking morning and afternoon naps. Face it John, my grandmother can do more than you and she's in a nursing home."

"Okay okay I get it. I'm old. Now are you sure Mrs. Hudson isn't home?"

"100%. She's out of town with her girlfriends. Actually, she's attending a bachelorette party right as we're speaking!" A confused look crossed John's face, as did the thought of a bunch of elderly women in a bar for a bachelorette party. He shook his head, took a deep breath, then headed across the street to 221B. Sidling up to the door, he looked back to Mary. She urged him on, her hands moving in a swishing motion that said, "Just do it already!". He grabbed the knocker, slammed it on the door three times, then took off back across the street to the safety of the hiding spot.

"I did it!" he announced as he crouched by his wife.

"Shh!" said Mary, pointing to the door. It swung open, and out popped a curly mess of black hair. Sherlock surveyed the outside, and John could've swore his eyes lingered for a second longer on the trash cans they hid behind. Finally, he closed the door and they both let out a big breath of laughter.

"I can't believe I just ding dong ditched Sherlock Holmes," gushed John.

"Well believe it because you're about to do it again."John's eyes went wide as he surveyed his wife. She smiled sweetly at him, then pushed him out on the street again. He stumbled to the door and turned back to her for the thumbs up. When she gave him the signal, he pounded on the door once more and sprinted back to the safe zone, his legs much more loose after running before. His heart pounded in his ears as he waited for the door to open again. Mary squeezed his hand in anticipation, and finally, the door swung open once more. Sherlock scoped out the area again, an annoyed look plastered to his face.

"I don't know who you are," he announced to the whole street, in a very angry manner, "but if you knock on my door again I will not hesitate to find you and have you arrested for attempted trespassing and disturbing the peace. I am Sherlock Holmes, a consulting detective and friend of DI Garth Lestrade. Together, along with my good friend John Hamish Watson," John cringed at his middle name," we will hunt you down using the skin flakes you left from knocking. Beware." Thankfully Sherlock shut the door just then, because both Mary and John doubled over in laughter.

"He's so pissed, I love it!" cackled John. He held his stomach, trying to remember the last time he laughed that hard. Mary was still in hysterics, and John smiled at her. Then he kissed her.

"What was that for?" asked Mary, a slight blush creeping its way up her cheeks.

"You made me remember what it's like to be young again. Young and in love." And that's how the rest of the night went. Mary and John Watson, two adults pretending to be two teenagers. They kissed on the underground, ate breakfast at midnight, and ding dong ditched Sherlock Holmes once more (he saw them running away and decided, as their friend, not to call the cops).

A/N

I can only hope to be as active and fun as Mary and John when I'm married and no longer in my younger years. They're so darn cute.

Anywho

Big announcement

DA DA DA

I reached 10K READS. To some of you reading this you may wonder what the big deal is. So let me tell you.

I posted my first imagine on here on July 23rd, 2015. Not even three months later and over 10,000 times has my story been read. Doing the math, that accounts to about 267 readers that read my story (# of parts/# of reads). Never in my wildest dreams (T-Swift) could I have imagined 50 people would read these, let alone 267 people. And don't even get me started on the votes (which I have gotten a lot more that I thought, thank you for giving me a thumbs up for my writing). The comments, well I have to admit, they're my favorite part. You guys crack me up. Thank you to those of you that feel the need to share your thoughts on my story - it's greatly appreciated. To those of you who don't - I still love you and don't be afraid to stop in and say hi! I'm especially grateful for fangirlwriters. I will forever treasure your comments on each of my stories. I don't think you realize how much I enjoy them. Lastly, the requests. You guys are so patient with me and the time you have to wait. You all have brilliant minds and I take each of your ideas to heart.

All in all, I just want to thank you guys for reading this.

Which is why...

(drumroll)

This is one of two stories I am publishing tonight! That's right - DOUBLE WHAMMY!

So don't you worry your pretty little minds (T-Swift again whaaattt), mother has another story on the way!

ENJOY that picture of them, aren't they the most adorable couple?