John: Blind Date

Request for @camcrusher123

~

John's POV

John hurried into the restaurant, anxious to get there before his date. Not that he knew if his date would be there before him or not - he had no idea what she looked like. Thanks to Mike Stamford, he had been set up on a blind date. At first he was reluctant to go, then Sherlock suggested instead they could find the differences in the anatomy of the ear of a hippo and the ear of an elephant - where Sherlock got those, John had no idea - so he agreed. When John asked Mike for more details about her, he had no information, claiming it was a friend of a friend of a cousin of a friend. All John knew was that her name was (y/n) and the reservation was under Watson. He was quickly seated, happy to find that his date had not yet arrived. Then he waited. 5 minutes. 10 minutes.

"Sir, can I get you something to drink while you wait?" asked the waiter. John could see the pity in his eyes.

"Just water please," he said politely, looking down at his menu for the hundredth time; he already knew what he wanted, but was attempting to save face. Suddenly a rush of wind hit his face as a woman came flying into the seat across from him.

"I'm so so sorry. Traffic was bad, and this guy on the street was trying to get me to buy his homemade cigarettes." John took in the woman in front of him - she was beautiful. He was, in all honesty, stunned by her beauty. Normally John wasn't one to let the looks of a woman mean much to him, but he couldn't help it with her.

"I'm (y/n) by the way," she said, reaching across the table to shake his hand. She looked at him expectedly.

"Oh," John said, realizing he hadn't introduced himself, "I'm," he froze momentarily, getting lost in her brilliant blue eyes. Or were they green?

"John," she finished for him, giggling at his growing pink cheeks. John looked down embarrassed. "Well John," she said, picking up her menu and giving him a sweet smirk from across the table, "what shall we have to eat?"

~

(Y/N) POV

The date was going great. Fantastic really. John was probably the sweetest man you had ever met. You were enjoying every minute of it - the food, the small talk, the laughter - that is until a curly haired man urgently ran up to your table.

"John, you need to come with me now. We have a case and-," Sherlock froze. "(Y/n)?"

"Sherlock?"

"What are you doing here?" he asked you.

"I love to sit in restaurants with random strangers and observe the lights," you remarked sarcastically. He rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I should be asking you what you're doing here. Are you trying to steal my date?" Sherlock turned to John, a smug look on his face.

"This is the blind date you were set up on? You're lucky I came and intervened," he scoffed. John's face was pure confusion as he looked between you two.

"How do you two-"

"Long story," you interrupted, giving Sherlock a look that said "not here". A mixed look of irritated was added to John's features as he resumed to swiveling his head between you two, looking for an answer.

"Perhaps we should go back to the flat,"  offered Sherlock. You frantically agreed, slapping some money on the table, and glaring at your brother on the way out.

~

Back at the flat, you stood by Sherlock with John on the couch in front of you. John looked between you two.

"Well what is it?"

"Don't freak out," you said. John's eyes were soft on you, pleading for you to tell him.

"Did you two date or something?"

"Excuse me while I go barf," you groaned.

"That would be called incest John," said Sherlock, smoothly delivering the news. John was at a loss for words. He again took up the act of looking between you two, but this time with a look of bewilderment.

"I can't believe I didn't see it before," he said, rubbing his face in disbelief. "You two look so much alike, I mean you could be twins." You and sherlock exchanged awkward glances.

"Oh god, you have to be kidding me, I practically went on a date with Sherlock Holmes himself," said John, before he fell to the ground in a faint.

A/N

Hey ya'll long time no write.

Thought I'd post something in honor of Festivus (look up the holiday).
Well and because I miss writing. And it's been like 10 days since my last update (which is less than 2 weeks!)

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and the next day is Christmas. (Yes I know, I'm Captain Obvious)

Hope you guys like your Christmas present. (This isn't it). But it's coming!

How do you guys spend Christmas? Or do you not celebrate it? I'm interested to hear how different people celebrate it (or if you don't).

This last week of school was crazy, then I've just been preparing for Christmas all week, which explains my lack of writing.

I love the holidays, despite the craziness.

Anywho, got my friends hooked on Broadchurch this weekend! Last weekend I watched the whole 2nd season since it finally came out on Netflix. David Tennant is so broody and handsome. And overall the show is AMAZING. So shocking and always full of surprises. I suggest watching it if you haven't.

Alright children, I'll see you soon (sooner than 10 days).

I hope you enjoy the holidays! Be safe! Have fun! Eat a lot!

(8 days till the special)