35- Ignore Me

"Hello." She said as she entered the living room, her voice low and husky from all of her tears. Remus looked up from his book at her, smiling and opening his arms to welcome her into a hug. Dora curled up beside him, but with a sigh, he pulled her up to sit sideways on his lap. She buried her head back into his shoulder, looking down at the book he held in his hands. He was at least halfway through, but she felt certain that she'd already read it. Her slim fingers rested on top of his, following the words along the page as he read them. He held her tightly, moving to pull her closer to him but she stopped his hands.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asked softly, gently kissing her cheek, "Do you not feel to good?"

"I don't want to lie to you Remus. But I can't hide anymore." She whispered, tears trickling down her pale cheeks, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please don't be angry with me. I'm... I'm pregnant."

"You're with child?" Remus stammered disbelieving, pushing her away from him onto the floor at his feet. Dora curled her knees up to her chest, crying softly. But he ignored her, burying his face into his hands, "How long?"

"One month. I'm sorry." She whispered again, placing a hand protectively over her stomach, "I should've been playing attention. I didn't mean for this to happen. Please believe me Rem. This is all my fault."

"Yes." He said coldly, making her look up in shock, "It is. This child could be a werewolf Nymphadora!" His voice rose to a shout, making her jump and move away from him, "LEAVE ME!" She gently got to her feet, barely even casting a tear filled glance at him as she ran from the room.

She collapsed onto their bed, crying into the pillow. Slowly, the door opened behind her and she soon felt the sink of the mattress as Remus sat beside her, wrapping an arm around her shaking body.

"I'm sorry Dora." He said gently into her hair, lifting her up to sit beside him, "I was just a bit surprised. It wasn't your fault. Forgive me?" She looked nervously at him, searching his eyes for the truth. A few seconds later, she sighed heavily and pressed a gentle kiss onto his lips. She tucked her knees up and looked out of the window at the shining moon, framed by clouds.

"Its beautiful isn't it." She murmured.

"Yes you are."

*

"Congrats Remus." Arthur smiled, shaking his and then Dora's hands warmly. The three were surrounded by wedding guests, laughter and friendly chat, but Remus couldn't help but grimace. He didn't want to be a father. Not in a war, not ever with his lycanthropy. But most of all, he didn't want to taint Dora even more with the curse he had already thrown upon her. He didn't know if the baby would be a werewolf or not, but his pessimistic side immediately jumped to the worst conclusion.

"Are you alright?" Dora put a gentle hand on his arm, looking worriedly at him. He shrugged her away, making her flinch as though she expected him to hit her. She looked nervously at him, fear in her deep eyes. Remus held her gaze, glaring down at her. Dora had just turned away when a huge light illuminated the tent and Kingsley's lynx patronus appeared before them.

As it spoke, Dora gasped, automatically clasping Remus's hand in hers. With only a few seconds warning, Death Eaters began pouring into the tent, spells flying everywhere. Most people had had time to escape, leaving only a handful of guests to fight against the oncoming wall of spells. Noticing Bellatrix moving in on a small boy, wand outstretched, Dora grabbed an empty wine glass and hurled it at the psychopathic witch. It smashed against her head, making her howl in pain and whirl around to face her niece.

"You." She hissed, "But I thought you were dead." She sent a flurry of spells at the young girl, each thankfully just missing her. Dora smirked widely, aiming a stunner right at her chest, though the witch parried it with an angry hiss, sending a second killing curse towards her. Dora ducked to avoid it, sending it flying into a pole behind her. But the sudden movement threw her off balance, knocking her back into a table. Instantly she was pinned down, a body looming above her. A pair of strong hands clasped around her chin and forced it up, revealing her pale neck below. Fenrir Greyback moved to stand before her, pushing her head back onto the edge of a table and running his pointed teeth along her cheek. Several death eaters moved forwards to pull him back, but Bellatrix stopped them, forcing them to instead form a ring around the two.

"So sweet and juicy." He murmured, taking in a deep inhalation of her hair, "Wonder if you taste as good as you smell?" His teeth grazed over the skin on her neck, drawing a slight droplet of blood. Just as Dora closed her eyes in submission, the wolf was roughly pulled back and, within a few seconds, the tent was clear of all death eaters. Dora stumbled to her feet, falling into Remus's arms, but he didn't hold her back.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, "You can't stay with me. Look what I'm getting you into. It would be better if I just left."

"Please listen," she sobbed, pushing away from her husband and father to her child and looking him straight in the eye, "This is your child too Remus. OK then, ignore me! Take some of your own fucking responsibility. Please don't make me do this on my own!"

"I'm sorry Dora." He whispered, stepping back and disapparating without another word, leaving her alone once more.

A.N-
:'-(. Remus you git!!!!!!!! Double update in one day, lucky you:-).

Rhea
--x--