42- Lost

"I'm sorry." Molly sighed, unable to stop herself from crying as she looked at the couple. Remus had his arm wrapped tightly around Dora, Teddy lying asleep in his lap. The tiny blue haired baby was snuffling slightly in his sleep, unaware of the fact that both of his parents were crying and why. Dora held the other twin in her lower arm, leaning onto Remus's shoulder as she sobbed.

"Are you sure?" She asked Molly nervously, gently stroking at the baby's pale, ice cold cheek. Hope Lily Lupin. Born 07:53, April 1st by caesarian section. Underweight, breach and barely alive. Even then the three adults had doubted that the small girl would survive, nowhere near as strong as her brother. So that was why she had been named Hope, because that was what they all needed. All anyone needed, but a mere few minutes after Hope had been born and returned to their lives, it shattered, crumbling to the ground.

The little girl's heartbeat had faded away; softly, into the pit where they knew she was safe. She hadn't screamed, hadn't cried, just been curious of her own life. While it had lasted she was silent, taking in the miracle of her own birth.

But that wasn't the only miracle. For in that moment, as Dora looked down at her limp daughter, an amazing thing happened. The baby's eyes gently flickered open, revealing wide sapphire blue irises beneath. And then she took a shaky breath, tiny body quivering with the effort. Remus looked across at his wife as she sat up straight, looking in shock at the life her child was regaining. Hope opened her mouth and made a mewling cry, reaching up to her two awestruck parents.

"Hello." Dora whispered, smoothing out the child's aqua blue wisps of hair with tears in her eyes, "I can't believe it. I...I thought I'd lost you." The two girls met each other's gaze and held it for a steady ten seconds, completely in shock at seeing the other, "We're never letting you feel scared again little one."

Molly gasped, rushing forwards towards the two adults and newborns. She looked over Dora's shoulder with wide eyes, unable to believe what she saw in front of her. Hope; back from the grave. As he heard his sister's cry, Teddy also began to wake up, eyes grey like his mother's when he opened them. Remus scooped up the small boy with a tender smile, holding him close to his chest whilst the other baby began to cry.

"Shh, shhh little one." Dora murmured, adjusting the child's position in her arms slightly to make it more comfortable. When she was younger, she had always found the idea of breast feeding disgusting, but with a newborn bundle of precious life, it felt right. Hope was quiet the moment she was presented with the chance to eat, small chubby legs stopping their violent kicks. Dora leant back onto Remus's shoulder, breathing a deep sigh of relief. Molly gently manoeuvred her way back through the room, disappearing into the hallway and leaving the two alone.

"I am so proud of you my darling." He whispered into her hair, gently kissing the top of her head, "Well done."

"Thank you. Well done." She said quietly back to him, "But it fucking hurt."

"So becoming a mother hasn't tamed your dirty mouth." He smirked, rocking Teddy backwards and forwards slightly in time with his own heartbeat.

"You love it, I know you do." She grinned triumphantly at him, stroking Hope's soft, still slightly cold, face as the little baby grabbed for her top, whispering, "Its okay little one." as the child opened her tiny mouth to cry. Teddy gurgled loudly, hair rapidly changing colour from blue to orange and anywhere between. Dora beamed down at the little boy, her's doing the same random mixing of colours.

"I love you." Remus chuckled, kissing his wife's forehead with a gentle smile. She nuzzled up to him, another contented sigh escaping her lips as he held her, "Never believed I could have had a family. I was always told I couldn't be loved, that I was just a freak. And now I have you three. Something that gives me light, something worth living for. And I'm not giving you up for anything. Not even death could keep up apart."

"Not even death." Dora agreed quietly, looking up at him with deep eyes, "Remus, I don't care what people say, I love you... forever. You're perfect to me, those scars don't mean a thing, we all have imperfections, have both light and dark inside of us; but its just what we chose to be. That's what makes us human, the angel caught between good and bad, never perfect, never not. But always loved."

"I will never stop loving you." He murmured, slight tears threatening to spill as she spoke, voice so passionate and truthful, "Remember that."

"Yes." She said simply, welcoming the charge of fireworks as their lips met lightly in the middle. He had his free hand around the base of her neck, hidden by her now blue hair. Dora still held Hope in her arm, the other hand held tightly in Teddy's grip so she could do nothing but let Remus kiss her, occasionally returning it with a light movement, "I love you." She whispered onto his desperate lips, loving the feel of his hand moving down onto her waist after Matty's the night before, "I bet Hope and Teddy will too." She finished, breaking away to bury her face down into his shoulder, "For their Daddy."

A.N-

I was gonna kill Hope off but I thought it would hurt you guys to much so didn't. We still have our hope. I'm back from holiday now so can respond to comments, PMs and updates.

Rhea
--x--