Chapter 12

Hyde returned to his room late at night after taking care of some pack matters. He opened the door quietly making sure to not wake up this girl. He wasn't really sure what her name was. Adira? He thought. He took off his shirts and pants and threw them onto the ground. He didn't have to worry about cleaning as he knew someone would come and take care of it for him. He got into bed.

Throughout the night he'd turn towards the girl sleeping in the corner. Thinking and thinking. What should he do in the future. Thinking and thinking. What he should do. He watched her crouched up. It was evident she was cold. Feeling guilty, he took his blanket off hiimself and walked over to her. There he put the blanket on her. He went back and got ta pillow. He softly picked up her head and placed hte pillow under her. It burned a bit when he touched her. She was so cold.

He saw a tear slip outof her eyes. Almost as if that tear was the only living thing, as it traveled down her cheek, there were little frost that was created as the tear slipped down. Hyde reached out to wipe the tear away. It was warm. From Hyde's body heat, the ice crystals soon melted away.

Hyde then returned to his bed and fell asleep after thinking.

The next day, after waking up, Adira was surprsied to see taht she had a blanket over her. She looked up towards Hyde's bed but he was no where to be found. She went to go get ready. There was already clothes on the counter. After getting changed, she walked out to Hyde's car. Hyde was already out waiting for school. On the way to school, not a word was said.

After getting parked, both of them headed towards the school. It was basically the same routine. Same old boring life. After returning back to Alpha Hyde's pack house, she was left there. Right before night came, the door opened. Alpha Hyde came back earliar than he usually did. Guilt was creeping into his heart. If he had to kill, he would kill, but this was a girl who he could not kill. She was still an important asset. He spoke in a low voice.

"Come with me."

Obiediently Adira got up and followed him. Out the pack house they went and into the woods. THey walked for about 3 hours, the moon shining above them. Nearing and nearing, the pack border line came closer. Outin the open, in a small circle they stopped. The scent of wolves in a pack and the scent of rogues wolf on the other side.

"You can leave." Hyde says.

"What?"

"I give you permission to leave and go back to Wade's pack."

Bewildered, Adira stared at Hyde. He couldn't be serious. Why would she go back. To get her heart broken. A part of Adira longed to be with Wade but a part of her knew that staying here was better than going to Wade and have her heart get broken everyday.

Hyde continued "But, if you stay here. I will treat you with kindness and equality. " After saying this he looked into Adira's eyes. "If you leave, I will let you go. If you stay, I will care for you."

Still not processing the information, Adira just stared at him. Hyde then started walking back towards the pack house leaving this poor girl to herself. He knew for sure she would take this chance to go away. He knew if it was him, he would've done it. Anything to be wtih Angela, the one he truly loved. Even if it was going to hurt, he was willing to endure, as long as he could be with her. It was only his circustances that did not allow him to.

Adira watched as Hyde walked back. She turned and looked into the other side of the forest. If she wanted to go back she could. She felt happiness. She took a deep breathe her heart beating fast. She took a step foroward. Another, then another. One more step and she would be free. She looked back at Hyde one more time and then turn back. She lifted her foot taking a step her liberty.

After an hour after leaving Adira, Hyde stumbled. His body became warmer. Hyde clenched as his heart and leaned onto a nearby tree for support. He was breathing heavily. Hyde layed on the floor as he was cuddling himself. Hot sweat poured down his face and back. Sadly during this moment Angela and Wade were sharing a very intimate moment, one that should only be shared between true mates. He didn't know how long he layed there as the only thing he was really concentrating on was this ridiculous amount of pain.

It was almost as if he was being punctured by a million silver spears. Suddenly as if fate was playing its part, a gust of wind blew. In it carried the scent of the girl who was rejected. Hyde while still laying in pain looked up into those brown dull eyes that seemed to be dead long ago. A tear fell out of her eyes. As the tear feel down her cheek ice crystal formed along teh outside of the path the tear created, but they dissapeared quickly as fractions of seconds passed by.

"I will stay." Adira says as another gust of winds blows by allowing her hair to cover parts of her tear stained face.

(Going back to Adira's step going across the boundaries)

Adira placed her foot back. A tear slipped out of her eyes. During this moment she breathed heavily. Grabbing her chest as pain struck her she kneeled down She looked ahead.. Tears felll out of her eyes. She threw her hands into her face.

"I can't....... I can't go back." At this moment, she had never felt more alone than now.

Adira grabbed onto her chest as the pain was unbearable. She questioned herself. Why should I go back when he doesn't even want me. Why do I have to look so pitiful and so weak. Why! Why! She thought. Why was she always the one to kneel down and be the one to try. Why was she the only heart broken one. She layed there thinking and crying for awhile hating how pitiful her life was. She was angry but sad. A little after, she felt the pain. Both Hyde and Adira had felt the pain of this scene together. Their loved ones being with another.

"I'm not weak" Adira whispered to herself. Embracing the pain, she got up looking straight ahead supposeldy in the direction of where Wade's pack was located at. "I accept your rejection Alpha Wade." Almost immediately, the pressure and pain in Adira's chest subsided. It was still there but it was faint. "I will let you go." Without any regrets, Adira turn and ran in the direction to where Hyde took his leave earliar.  

Authors note

I know that there are many mistakes. I wrote this a bit in a rush. Thanks for reading. 

-Dola