Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Wade laid beside his mate's grave slowly running his hand through the freshy digged dirt. Her body was beneath the soil. His appearance was ghostly. He still suffered injuries from the rougue who attacked him and his eyes were red and were dark. The pain and loss was still eveident on his face.

Hyde footsteps made his way towards this heartbreaking scene as he had finnally found the courage. He admitted his sin, but was that sin really a sin?

"Wade I'm sorry." Hyde said softly as he looked at his lifeless brother who paid him no attention. "I wanted to save them, those boys. She was going to kill them."

Wade contineud to ignore him. "I'm sorry she had to be lost, but I was scared. I didn't realize what happened until it happened. I wasn't thinking right." There was a long silence as Wade continued to ignore Hyde. Finnally, Wade spoke up.

"You promised me that you wouldn't hurt her. You promised you would pretend like you didn't see anything. But you didn't keep that promise." Wade said emotionlessly almost broken.

"Wade, pleaes!" Hyde cried.

"She was a nice girl. You would've liked her. She was beautiful, humourous, oh.... and her eyes, they were the most gorgous things in the world. She was, she was my everything. But now she's sleeping and won't wake up. Do you know how it feels now that everything is taken away from me?" Wade laughed a bit then continue, "The people I loved, they all left me,. The people I cared for, they all betrayed me. And now, now I have nothing. Nothing to lose. And did you know, a person who has lost everything and has nothin to lose is probably te most dangerousiest thing in the world. I warned you too of the dangers of hurting the one I love. I told you she was my mate. Just because she was killing a few boys, does that make her a bad person?" Wade said as he sat upright clearly angered by Hyde's apology. "Everybody kills someone eventually whether it be emotionally or physically. I killed hundrends." Wade said.

"But-" Hyde was interrupted

"Hyde, I killed many people ranging from men, to women, to even little children. And that was a part of life. I took mates away from many people. Some even begged me to kill them, so I did. But I did that because I really never understood the pain. I now relize that I was such a twisted bastard, because I never really understood what my actions would cause. And though understand how you feel, I can't bring myself to forgive you." Hyde sat up as he stared right into Hyde's eyes. "And no I won't ask for forgivenss from those I killed because I can't do anything about it and I know you can't too. Because of your circumstances you did what you did, but because it is now you who hold the postion that used to be mine and I have to take the circumstances of others, no matter how hard I try, you won't ever be forgibven because I hate you so muc.. And because of my own selfish desire, I'm gonna make you hurt so much you wish you were dead, because what you and I have done, can't be excused. Prepare for it Hyde because surely the pain that you will receive in the future will never ever be equilvant to the value of mine and others that I have ruined. Fend for yourself. Prepare, because I'll make sure your life is a living hell." Wade screamed.

Hyde frightened by Wade's words ran away quickly in fear as Wade looked at him dangeroulsy.

Before Hyde was out of earshot he heard Wade's last war, "Alpha isn't everything. You've been shielded. Later you will know the true cruel reaitly of the world and I won't be there to take that burden for you. Your compassion is a weakness."

And these words that Wade said to Hyde, would hold true.

End of Wade and Hyde's past.

"I killed his mate." Hyde said as he looked Adira.

"Then am I his second chance mate." Adira said softly as her gaze trailed off to the side.

"Yeah."

"Did you know that?"

"Yeah."

"Then he didn't lie to Angela about his mate dying."

"You heard that?"

"Answer the question Hyde!" Adira bursted out as she looked at him.

"No he didn't. I lied."

(Refer to the chapter when Wade rejects Adira and chooses Angela instead)

"So he used her to get to you?"

"Yes" Hyde said painfully.

"Then what about me?" she asked.

"Did you use me to get back at him?" Adira said heartbrokenly.

Hyde looked at her. "No! I would never do that. I" he hesistated, "I love you." he said softly looking away from her face. He turned away from her embrassed.

Slowly he heard the water move. Then slowly Adira embrassed him her body heat touching his. "Hyde, I can't answer your feelings. I'm not even sure of what I feel, but just know," she said, "just know that whatever you did to Wade's first mate is not your fault. Because....... Everyone has their own reasons." Adira then let go of Hyde's back then slowly walked away. As she walked away, Hyde could still feel the warm wetness that came from Adira's tears that in contrast to the water felt immensely different.

For the second time Hyde's heart felt like it was breaking all over again, but yet, the very core, that was completed shattered was mended, allowing for Hyde another chance at happiness.

At this moment there was another Alpha visiting his own water temple. Wade layed upon the water as he floated around looking at the starts. He whispered to himself.

"If I had known you would've blessed me with another, I would've never walked this path." A tear slipped out of his eyes. 

End of chapter 38