Chapter 1: Starting a new life

“I will definitely miss this place” Josephine mumbled to herself as she turned and look around the whole neighborhood. Josephine and her mother decided to emigrate abroad because her mother was being offered a good job in Korea. Her mother never hesitated to grab the opportunity. At first, Josephine thought that her mother was the only one to leave the country but her mother told her that she needed to come with her since, she will be alone in the Philippines. Josephine didn’t like the idea at start but then she realized that it would be so hard to live alone and depend on no one.

“Josephine, are you ready?” her mom said.

“Yes mom .. “ She replied in a low voice.

Her mother went closer to her and held her face upwards “Everything will be alright besides don’t you even like it? We were given a chance to live in Korea. I bet this is also one of your dreams right? So cheer up and don’t worry.” Her mom told her and kissed her on her forehead comforting her.

Josephine’s friends were waiting at the airport. They gave her so many things as remembrance and some of them were already falling out of Josephine’s hands.

“You take care of yourself and always smile. You’ll probably feel homesick for a while but you’ll get used to it” Micah said. They gave her a group hug and said goodbyes to one another. Josephine was crying as she waves her hand to her friends. After a few hours, they boarded the plane destined to Seoul. She cannot explain what she feels. Nervous? Excited? Afraid? She just closed her eyes and listened to music until she had fallen asleep.

“Anak, we are finally here! Come on wake up now” her mom was waking her up from her sleep. She said. She stood up quickly to get her bags from the cabin and got off the plane. The airport was so big and spacious. They were like typical tourist who takes photo in each corner. It is understandable because this was their first time in Seoul. Josephine kept on taking photos when she suddenly bumped into a guy. Her passports and id’s scattered all over the floor while the guy’s phone fell off too.

“Watch where you’re going!” the guy was mad at her as he picked up his broken phone.

“I’m really sorry” she bowed to him as she apologized. From toe to head, she saw how cool his fashion was and when she came across with his eyes, she was really stunned on how charming the guy was.

“Aigoo! Now my phone is broken. This is your fault” he yelled at her.

“I know I .. I’m really sorry” she apologized again but she feels that the guy was selfish and a jerk.

The guy just gave her a stare and went back to the two guys he was also with. The guy looks so pissed and irritated as he tries to fix his phone and gave another glance at her but this time; the two other guys also looked at her. She went back to her mom who is looking at them from a distance. She asked what happened but she just told her that she accidentally bumped into someone.

They took a taxi cab to their new home. She kept on taking pictures around the city and she even wanted to go down for a while to take pictures. She was so excited and didn’t realize that they were already in front of their house. It was simple on the outside as she can see that their house only has one floor besides, she never expected that it would be big because it was just the two of them who is going to live there.