39

Jayy's POV

I sat on the couch in shock as the police explained. Spencer was holding Sean closely as Sean cried. Blake walked in with clean bed sheets in his hands.

"Rolling time!" he yelled happily. His smile faded as he took in the scene. He set the sheets on the floor and walked up to us.

"What's going on?" he asked concerned. Tears ran down my face and my throat was clogged. I could barely speak.

"F-foster h-h-homes. Me and S-sean." I spat out as more tears ran down my face. Blake's face became shocked.

"W-What?" he asked. He sat down next to me and looked at the police officers waiting for an explanation. One of them cleared their throat and started speaking.

"Mr.Woods and his brother are under 18 and are not allowed to be out on their own without a legal guardian. Therefore we have to send them to foster homes." he said. He looked at us in sorrow.

"M-Maybe I can adopt them! Can't I?" Blake asked. The other police officer shook his head sadly.

"I'm sorry Mr. Fierce but you aren't 18 or over." he said.

"So! I'm 17 and will be 18 in a few months! What's the difference!" he yelled in anger.

"I'm sorry but we can't allow that even if we wanted to." the other one said.

"Jayy will be 18 soon. When he turns he can adopt Sean can't he?" Blake asked. One officer nodded.

"But until then they have to be in foster homes." they said.

"I guess that's okay right? We'll just be in a foster home for about a few months and then we are free right?" I asked.

"Unless someone decides to adopt you." an officer said. I grabbed at my hair and tugged on it furiously.

"I don't understand! Why can't we just be free now! I'm about to be 18 in 10 months! Blake will be 18 in 7! Why do we have to leave!" I yelled in anger. Blake hushed me and calmed me down. Tears of anger fell from my eyes.

"I'm sorry but you have to pack your bags. We have to take you two today. Mr.Woods is already packed." an officer said. I sighed in frustration and ran to my room. I grabbed a suitcase and stuffed clothes in them. Why?! Why does this happen now?! I swear life hates me! I stuffed as much of my stuff as I could and zipped it closed. I grabbed my cell phone and ipod. I walked out of the room sadly with fresh tears pouring down my face. I walked up to the waiting police officers. I held Blake's hand tightly as we all walked out of the apartment. Spencer held Sean like a baby and kissed his face repeatedly. My heart tore slightly. Sean is only 16. He doesn't get out for 2 years. What if someone adopts him? Who wouldn't? He's adorable. More tears poured down my face. I'm fine. I can come back in a few months and I'm free but Sean has to wait 2 years. Now I have a goal. Once I'm out I'm adopting Sean. I'm will not be separated from my little brother. We walked out to the parking lot where a police car waited.

"You guys can say your goodbyes now." one of the officers said. Blake hugged me tightly.

"I'll get you out. I love you." he whispered in my ear. Tear after tear they fell. I sobbed into Blake's neck. He pulled me back and held my face gently.

He kissed me slowly and gently. I kissed back with as much love I had left.

"I love you." he said as we pulled apart.

"I love you." I said back. I looked over at Sean and Spencer as they kissed each other gently. I walked up to them as they pulled apart.

"I love you." I heard Spencer whisper.

"I love you too." Sean said back. Spencer kissed Sean's forehead one last time and pulled away. I held Sean's hand tightly. We looked at Blake and Spencer and got into the police car. The police started the car and drove off. I held Sean tightly and protectively. He's all I have left. Just like in the beginning. After about 20 minutes we got to a police station. The police officers got out and let us out. We walked into the station and filled out some paper work and stuff. After about 2 hours of being in there the police walked us back outside. There sat two police cars. I looked at them confused. Don't we all fit in one? I looked at the police officer confused. He looked at us sadly. Two different police officers came up to us and guided Sean and I to separate police cars.

"Wait! What's happening?!" I yelled. I saw Sean panicking.

"We found two foster homes that would take in kids your age but both of them only have one spot open so you two will be separated." a police officer said.

"What?!" I yelled. I looked at Sean. Tears poured from his eyes. I broke out of the officers grasp and ran to Sean. I held him close and kissed his head repeatedly. I held onto him tightly as he did to me. We cried in each other arms. I felt someone pulling me back and someone pulling Sean back.

"No!" I yelled as they pulled us apart.

"Jayy!" Sean cried out.

"Sean!" I yelled back with tears in my eyes. The officer shoved me into the car.

"Sean!" I yelled one last time as the police officer slammed the door shut. I tried opening it but it wouldn't budge. I went to the other side and tried opening it but nothing happened. I screamed as I kicked and pounded on the windows.

"Sean! Sean!" I yelled.

"Jayy!" I heard. I barely heard it. I looked out the window as the other police car drove off. I cried as I saw it fade into the distance.

"Sean?" I whispered. And that was the last thing I said before I started my new life.

A/N - THERE IS ABOUT 6 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT, MIGHT MAKE A SEQUEL .

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

COMMENT AND VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.