CHAPTER ONE

Jayy's POV

"Sean, get up. Sean." I whispered. I shook Sean. It was mid night and Jen and Todd are asleep. I managed to sneak downstairs and get Sean and myself some food. These people don't even feed us. Sean stirred in his sleep but eventually woke up.

"What?" he whispered. I showed him the pieces of bread and ham I got. His eyes went wide. 

"How did you get that?" he asked. 

"I snuck downstairs." I said. I made him and myself a sandwich. The only time we eat is at lunch at school. So on weekends we practically starve unless I sneak us some food. Imagine our summers and breaks. It might seems weird but we love school. We get to be away from this hell hole. I gave Sean a sandwich and we ate it slowly savoring the favor. I ate mine and chewed thoroughly.

It was dark in our poor excuse of a room. It only has two mattresses with blankets and pillows, a dresser and a alarm clock. I kissed Sean's forehead.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." he whispered. I walked back to my mattress and went to sleep. I woke up and saw it was 6:17. I walked back over to Sean and shook him awake.

"Get ready." I whispered. He nodded and stood up. We got dressed and grabbed our back packs. I opened our bed room door and looked both ways. They're still asleep. I motioned for Sean to follow. He nodded. We snuck downstairs and out the door. I looked at my watch. 6:29. The bus gets here at 6:30. We got to the bus stop just as the bus pulled up. We got on.The bus driver lady smiled at me. I returned the smile. We walked to our usual seat in the back. I heard everyones whispers. Outcast. Loser. Mute. All of my nicknames. The bus ride went by swiftly. Once the bus stopped everyone cleared out. As usual Sean and I were the last to get off. We walked through the school doors unnoticed as always. Sean hugged me and said bye as he walked over to his friends. I walked over to my locker. I opened it swiftly and put my backpack inside. Out of no where I was pushed against my locker. 

"Hey mute. If you say something, I'll let you go." one of them said. Oh believe me I had a lot to say. He pushed me against the locker harder.

"Say something you prick!" he yelled. I stayed silent. He pulled me by my hair and slammed me to the ground. Okay this is a hell hole too but at home is a lot worse. He kicked my stomach several times. He pulled me up by my hair and punch me right in the nose. Blood gushed out. He smirked and pushed me down again.

"Talk next time.It can save you a lot of trouble." he said and walked away. I got up and walked into the boy's restroom. I grabbed some paper towels and held it to my nose. The blood soon stopped flowing so I threw the paper towels away. The bell rung. I walked out of the restroom and walked to my first period class. I sat in my usual seat as class started. 

"Class we have anew student. His name is Spencer. Please welcome him. Would anyone like to show him around." the teacher spoke. I kept my head down and continued doodling in my note book. Most of the people raised their hands. 

"Jayy. Can you please show him around?" the teacher asked. I looked up surprised. He knows I don't talk. Why would he pick me? I looked at him oddly. He simply smiled at me. I nodded unsurely. I looked around the class. I got a lot of death glares. 

"Please take a seat next to him Spencer." the teacher said. Spencer walked over to me. Then I looked at him. He was cute. No wonder people wanted to show him around. He sat next to me.

"Hey. I'm Spencer." he said. I waved slightly. 

"So your name's Jayy right?" he asked. I nodded. I continued to doddle in my note book.

"When are you going to show me around?" he asked. I shrugged.

"How about lunch?" he asked. Crap. Not lunch. My only meal of the day. I nodded. Why the hell did I nod. I'm such an idiot.

"Okay. You don't talk much do you?" he asked. I shook my head. Great my only meal of the day gone. Looks like I'm starving today.