Christmas gift

"Riley, are you alright? You look like as if you just saw Miss Vargas naked or something." Shannon snapped me out of my thoughts. What? Miss Vargas na-....DELETE THAT IMAGE!! BURN IT WITH HOLY WATER! 

"Shannon...that was the worst thing that you could possibly say."I told her and she looked at me confused.

"Why? I just asked if you saw Miss Var-"suddenly Shannon's face went as pale as her dark skin would let her. She shivered and shook her head in disgust. "Let's never mention that again,like ever."she said quickly.

"Deal."I nodded. 

"Hello,Riley, Shannon."Dani greeted us as she came toward us. Shannon did a little salute of hers that she thinks it's really cute and cool at the same time. Maybe Matthew would find it cute tho. The corner of my lips tug upward and I was smiling again like a dork.

"Hey,girl!"Shannon said.

"Hey Dani."I said and Dani smiled at both of us. She looked cute today. Yesterday she was adorable. She always looks somewhat else everyday and gets better and better. "Are you still coming over today?"I asked her randomly because I wanted to keep on talking with her and not make things awkward.

"Yes,unless you don't want me to."she said and I immediately shook my head.

"Of course I want you to come."I said quickly and that earned me a raised eyebrow from Shannon. Dani's smile grew and that gave a funny feeling in my stomach. When our gaze met and locked didn't help me at all. 

"Is there anything I should know?"Shannon asked and I'm kinda ashamed to say this,but I forgot that she was next to us. Dani giggled and shook her head.

"I'm going over to Riley to work on our song."Dani explained and Shannon nodded understandingly. Whenever Dani came over to work on the song Shannon was kind and understanding enough to not bother us. Usually after we are done I call her up or send her a text, asking her her if she wants to hang out. She says yes when she's free. But today will be special. I won't call Shannon up. Today I will finally open up to Dani. That includes my past full of travelling,my feelings and thoughts about mom,my relationship with Max and Grace,my feelings about my dad and most importantly...my thoughts and feelings about her and possibly us. Yes, I might be hurrying things,which I'm not denying, but who knows how long will I be here? It's just matter of time until dad gets another job somewhere else. If we will have to move again,then I know that I will regret at least not trying to ask her out. There's the possibility of me getting rejected. The possibility of her not wanting to be my friend anymore. But also the possibility of her accepting me. The possibility of having someone to come back if I had to move again. I really really really like Dani. And this is so weird for me because I've never had these strong emotions to anyone before. She's the first. And I want her to continue on being first in my present. She might not be my last,but I'm sure that I want her to be first.

"Oh cool. How's the song so far?"Shannon asked us and snapped me out of my daze. Dani turned toward me,expecting me to give details to Shannon.

"Pretty good. Today I'm going to recheck the guitar rifts,the first verse of the lyric and chorus is done but we still need a second verse."I said. We aren't in a hurry and I have the feeling that after this day the second verse will born soon.

"I can't wait to hear you guys sing!"Shannon exclaimed happily. I laughed at her fangirly side along with Dani.

"Don't get your highs up. I'm not going to sing."I told Shannon and she looked really disappointed at me.

"What? Why!"she asked me a little bit to loud and that made some heads to turn. I awkwardly smiled at them and they all looked away. I scratched me neck as I turned back to Shannon to answer her question.