Chapter 15

I think that had to have been the quickest month i had ever faced but the slowest six months of my life. When i was home for the month both my family and Alex spent as much time as they could with me which i enjoyed. When i left for Iraq my mum even dad cried and i got a lecture on sunscreen from my mum. Alex didnt let the tears shed but you could see them in her eyes about to be let loose. When i hugged her bye i slipped a drawing of her i drew the night before in her back pocket.

We stoped at Spain on the way for a day and then to Iraq as there was, obviously no direct flight that was commercial.I realised after the first day that the army was definetly for me, something i didnt tell my parents as i didnt want to hurt them as much as i was by joining.

I had been drawing another drawing of Alex which had taken me months. Not in the, full of detail way but in the fact we get a short amount of free time.

Charlie came intop my tent and sat on the edge of my tent "excited?" he asked with a smile and i nodded "cant fucking wait!" i said. We were leaving today.

Charlie was going in the first plane while i went out on late night patrol. When he would be in Spain i would be just taking of and leaving Iraq. I looked at my watch and smiled "shoo, im gonna call Alex and your annoying during our calls!" i said and he smiled "well you are all lovey dovey and you do it in mine and Cara's calls!" he said and left.

I checked the internet and smiled, it was surprisingly full bars so i called Alex on skype. My parents got a joint account that was always on and my dad also got an individual one which he would use if he was working. Alex also had one incase she was working which i noticed was online at the moment.

I clicked call 'Alex-work' and it made the funny noise and her face poped up eating a sandwhich. I laughed a bit "during lunch?" i asked and she nodded and finished what she was eating "yes now how are you?" she asked and i smiled.

"im fantabulous oh and i have a surprise for you when i get back!" i said and she looked at me "it isnt sand is it?" she asked and i frowned "now i have to think of something else, thanks Alex!" i said and she laughed "no its not sand i'll maybe get you that next time seen as your so keen on getting it!" i said and she laughed,

My goal was alwyas make them laugh during these calls, you never know when it could be your last so if there laughing they have a happy memeory. "so how are you sweetie?" i asked and she smiled "im excited to see you!" she said and i nodded " i know im just that awsome!" i said and she laughed "no, no its not that!" she said and i frowned "santa will punish you for that, he doesnt like his elves being bullied!" i said and she laughed,

I had missed christmas as planned but i got to talk to them for almost an hour on christmas day and new years so that was god. They also managed to get some gifts over which i was excited about.

I heard a bell ring and Alex frowned "lunch is over and i have your old class next!" she said and i frowned "aww but im mmore important!" i said pointing to me and she laughed " so is there education!" she said and i frowned,

"well then your just gonna have to make it up to me when i come home i thirteen hours!" i said and she smiled "fine!" she said with a smile "bye then!" i said with a wave and she waved back "bye sweetie, love you!" she said and is miled "love you to, with all my heart and living being!" i said dramticly and she laughed "good!" she said and i smiled and hung up.

I looked at the time and Charlie was just about to leave. I got my patrol gear on and left my tent and saw him leaving his "bye Charlie!" i said and gave him a hug "bye hen, now stay safe out there!" he said and i laughed "dont go going to clubs when you arrive!" i said and he laughed " no its straight to the phone for phone sex wioth my girlfriend!" he said with a big smile