Chapter 9

"Can we stop?" Harry demands.

"No, Harry. We have a test next week! You need to know this." I remind him.

"But I do know this. You've like pounded it into my brain!" He throws his hands up in the air.

Harry has been being impossible lately to tutor. He never wants to do the work, or he'll work ahead of me just so he can finish. Sometimes he'll complain or just stop half way and give up. We're at my house today for tutoring, considering last time he ordered we not meet at the library.

I laugh, "Good. That's my job." Harry puts his head down and groans. I roll my eyes. "Harry, seriously. We really need to study. Don't you want to ace this test so you can feel good about it? And get good grades? And get into a good college? And have a good fu-"

"Let's go on an adventure!" He pops his head up with a big grin on his face.

I stare at him in shock. "An adventure?"

"Yeah why not?" He stands up from his seat, "let's go on a walk or something. It's a nice outside on this Saturday I don't want to spend it cooped up inside doing math." He folds his arms.

"Well, what are we going to do? Where are we going to go?"

"I don't know Millie, that's the point of an adventure. Do you ever have fun? I feel like you need to get out." He stands up from his chair.

"Hey, I do get out!" I defend myself.

"Then let's go!" He grabs my hand and jerks me out of my chair and leads me towards my front door.

"Wait!" I stop him, "aren't you afraid people might see us in public together? Considering what happened last time," I tease him.

"Oh shut up." He says. I can see a small smile start to form.

"Okay, let's go." I walk down the steps in my front yard ahead of him and stop at the bottom, waiting for Harry to catch up.

It actually is a really lovely day outside. The sun is shining, but there's a cool breeze blowing to make sure it's not too hot. The sky is a baby blue, with puffy clouds every where and the trees and grass are so green.

"Hey Millie!" I hear a familiar voice call as I walk past my house with Harry. I look up and see Niall washing his car.

"Hi Niall," I wave to him as I walk up his driveway, Harry trailing behind.

"What're you up to today?" Niall asks with a smile, looking back and forth between Harry and I.

"Oh, uhm I was just tutorting Harry and we just kind of got sick of it and decided to go on a walk."

"Hi, I'm Harry," he says extending his hand out to shake Niall's. "I'm sorry for the first time we met, I guess you can say I was in a bad mood." Harry lets out a little laugh.

"Oh no problem buddy!" Niall shakes his hand with a big smile. "We all have our days."

"I've heard a lot about you and that you're a nice guy," Harry adds.

Niall smiles, "Did Millie tell you that?" He says winking in my direction.

"Oh, erm, no. I just heard about you through out the school."

Niall and I both laugh. "That's no surprise," I joke. "Niall has quite the reputation."

"It's true," Niall shrugs.

For a minute theres an awkward silence, as I stand strangely close next to Harry and face my bestfriend. Niall's smile fades slowly as he looks back and forth between Harry and I.