4

Today's the day. I'm introducing Jimin to the woman i've selected. I'm sitting in a luxurious hotel lounge, checking over my materials one last time. The EAC provided me all sorts of woman, but... The woman woman I'm introducing to him today is perfect. She's beautiful, smart, and adaptable. The woman trained by my agency know how to melt people's heart. They're basically professionals when it comes to this kind of thing. Jimin needs a fake fiancee because he wants his board of directors to get off his back, so... He should be satisfied with a woman who knows how to act appropriately around important people. The woman he's meeting today has even assumed a false identity. Just then, sensing eyes on me, I look up.

Me: Hello, Mr. Park. It's nice to see you.

Striding forward confidently and without hesitation, Jimin makes his appearance. Although this is ostensibly a formal marriage interview, in typical Jimin syele, he's still wearing his uniform.

Jimin: You noticed me right away. Very observant.

Me: You're too kind. I'd love to continue chatting but... It looks like it's time.

Girlfriend Candidate: Mimi.

A beautiful voice rings out like a bell, and a stunning, slender woman appears. We've already had our own preliminary meeting, but neither of us is planning on breathing a word of that to Jimin. I give Jimin a look, and he walks over to greet the woman.

Girlfriend Candidate:  It's nice to meet you. I've heard all about you.

Jimin: Hello.

Everyone sits down, and the interview gets off to a pleasant start. They both exchange family charts and personal histories, and the formal introduction continues.

Me: She works at a prestigious advertising agency... And with her family pedigree, she'd have been a princess in another time.

Girlfriend Candidate: I don't know if I would say pedigree, I come from a subsidiary line... I'm nothing special, especially compared to someone like Jimin. I mean, you've been knighted by an italian royal family.

Jimin: Yes, well...

Girlfriend Candidate: That's amazing. Knighthood... What an honor.

This is going well. You'd never think she wasn't a real socialite. Jimin doesn't seem to suspect a thing. Time to move on to the subject at hand.

Me: Well, I for one am intimidated by the both of you.

Girlfriend Candidate: Please, don't let my family intimidate you. I have no intention of letting my background dictate the way I live my life.

Jimin: What do you mean?

Girlfriend Candidate: I love my career. I'm not even thinking about getting married. Still, being an unmarried woman often puts me at a disadvantage. That's why I'm hoping to find a patner I can trust...

Jimin: I see. I feel the exact same way. I'm glad we're on the same page.

Girlfriend Candidate: Me too.

Relieved to have garnered a positive response from Jimin, the woman reaches for her teacup. Seeing that, Jimin's expression and mine change almost in unison.

Me: I should order us more tea. I'm just so nervous today. It's making me thirsty. Please forgive me for being so rude.

Jimin: ...Of course.

I shoot her a quick look, and the woman puts down her teacup. Once I see that, I feel slightly relieved.

Girlfriend Candidate: Thank you so much for today. I hate to run, but I should really get going.

And so, with a polite bow, she leaves. Once we're alone, I turn to face Jimin.

Me: What did you think, Mr. Park?

Jimin: I don't have any complaints about her looks or her background. She meets all my conditions, and she seems smart, too. But I can't enter into a contract with her.

Me: ...I thought you might say that.

When she picked up the teacup, she put her fingers on the cup itself instead of the handle... That was obviously bad manners. It's a way of nonverbally saying the tea is cold, and a sign of ill-breeding... I'll get in touch with the EAC training farm when I get home. And let them know they need to tighten up their etiquette classes.

Jimin: I have a question for you, Areum... Did you say those things to cover for her?

Me: You noticed.. I guess my efforts were in vain, but yes, you're correct.

Jimin: In vain...? No, I wouldn't say that. Putting her unfortunate faux pas aside... There was something impressive about the way you carried out your job.

What...? Jimin closes the distance between us only to abruptly pause and gaze into my eyes. The next thing I know, his masculine hand is holding mine.

Jimin: I love cleaver woman... You interest me.

Me: Very funny, but...

Jimin: What if I told you I'm serious?

A long, elegant finger traces a smooth line over my palm. It's not long before his low voice, no more than a whisper, turns sweet, and our noses touch.

Jimin: If you don't want this, feel free to turn me down. But if you do...

This came out of nowhere. What is he thinking? Knowing Jimin, he must be doing this for a reason. I want to find out why, but if I don't move, he'll kiss me... I don't want to surrender my lips so easily. It's always been my policy to work without giving men access to my body, and that's not about to change. But if I pull back now, I won't be able to find out what Jimin is really thinking. I want to know what prompted Jimin to make this move. But I just can't bring myself to kiss him. I quietly pull my hand out of his and take a few steps back.

Me: I don't know what you're expecting, but... That kind of thing won't work on me. I'm not going to fall for you.

Jimin: I see... I've made my decision.

Punctuating his sentence with a smile, Jimin stares fixedly at me.

Jimin: You don't have to worry about trying to find me a fake fiancee.

Me: What? But...

Jimin: You'll do just fine.

Me: ....Seriously?

For a moment, I can't believe my ears, but then, slowly and deliberately, he continues...

Jimin: You're going to be my fiancee.

*
|
*
|
*
|
*

Don't forget to vote ^^
|
|
|
|
Thank you♡
~