14

Me: Well that was another complete failure.

Jungkook: Don't say that. What happened to all of your bravado from before?

Jungkook keeps beating me at poker until I have no choice but to admit defeat. He's just too good. And he's not even cheating! This sucks... This guy doesn't think like normal people do. The audacious confidence with which he approaches games, his ability to read his opponent.. Both of those skills are frighteningly advanced. And, perhaps most dangerous of all, he knows how to ensure his opponent is having fun even as they dance ever closer to destruction. I don't know what he's trying to accomplish with these questions, but something tells me I should put down my cards before I say something I'll regret. And so, in the end, there's no miraculous, last second turn around. Jungkook wins every single hand.

Taehyung: You're on a roll, Jungkook. You look like you're having a lot of fun playing her. But you have to know when to call it quits. Don't beat her down too much.

Jungkook: I know. That was the last round, and this will be my last question.

Me: Well, let it rip. I'm not going anywhere, and I've got nothing to hide. Ask me whatever you want.

Jungkook: You've got guts. So...

Jungkook's gaze finds its way to my face before flitting briefly to Jimin. With a smile of pure amusement on his face, Jungkook asks..

Jungkook: Why don't you tell me how far you've gone with Jimin.

At this point, I don't know what to say. Enjoying the distress on my formerly serene face, Jungkook laughs in delight.

Jungkook: I'm glad I saved this question for last.

Me: You're a cruel man. There are more things even I'm embarrased to discuss.

Jungkook: Still, a promise is a promise. You lost. That means you have to answer my question. Or are you actually going to try and tell me you haven't even kissed the man?

Taehyung: Unlikely. We all know what Jimin is like.

Jimin: What's that supposed to mean?

Taehyung: It's true, isn't it? Don't look so offended.

Jungkook: Yeah. We all know that, while he may act aloof Jimin's got the strongest sex drive of all of us.

Jimin responds to the duo's cheerful harmonizing with a scowl. I, on the other hand, still can't seem to think of the right thing to say. I need to calm down. I lied about my name and my job. I can lie my way through this question, too. It's really no big deal, but for some reason, I feel like I shouldn't lie about that kiss. I find myself puzzled by my own instincts.

Jungkook: What's the matter? Have you really not kissed? I thought you guys were supposed to be dating.

A long silence would seem unnatural. I've got to say something. Now.

Me: Kissing is normal for a woman and a guy who are dating. If we kissed or even do more than that... Still, we don't actually need to inform you.

Jungkook: ...

Perhaps sensing I'm avoiding his question, Jungkook furrows his brow in displeasure. The mood turns slightly awkward, but all I can do is pretend not to notice.

Me: Thanks for tonight, Jungkook.

Jungkook: No, thank you. I had great time, thanks to you.

Me: Haha. I bet you did with that winning streak. You're obviously in lady luck's good graces.

Jungkook: Of course, she's a woman, after all. And if there's one thing I'm good at, it's sweet-talking women.

Taehyung: Something tells me she wouldn't like being lumped in with mere mortals, though...

Taehyung's lips curl into a wry smile, and beside him, Jungkook cuts a check, just like he did during the piano performance. If I'm not seeing things, the check is for 4-million dollars.

Jungkook: Take this. I owe you for answering all those questions.

Me: Did you forget about our bet? I can't accept your money. I didn't beat you.

Jungkook: Don't worry about that little details. This is my way of thanking you for a pleasent evening.

I put up a good fight, but that doesn't change the fact that I lost every hand. How could I possibly take his money? The amount is exorbitant, and what's more... accepting his money would be a blow to my pride. Still, turning him down would probably only makes the situation worse. And so, I accept the check Jungkook offers me.

Jungkook: You're free to use it however you like. You could even give it to Jimin if you feel like it's too much.

Taehyung: He'd probably just invest it in his rocket project, though.

Jungkook: More like definitely.

Me: Can I really spend this however I want?

Jungkook: Of course. I'm a man of my word.

Me: In that case...

I take the check and stick in right in a nearby charity donation box.

Me: I'll go ahead and do just that.

What's the big deal? He didn't seem to be that narrow-minded, but I suppose the issue is the amount of money. Jungkook and Taehyung are stunned. Jimin is as expressionless as ever, but looking at him, I can't help but furrow my brow in trepidation.

Jungkook: I knew you were beautiful, but I think I may have underestimated you slightly. Win or lose, you were brave enough to go along with one of my games. And you're valiant enough to part with millions of dollars without so much as blinking an eye... You've got some nerve. I love that in a woman. You're not normal. Not at all. What on earth ARE you?

Crap! That definitely raised suspicious. Although the poker game is over, I'm still taking chances. I may have gotten a little carried away. My brain switches into high gear, but a heartbeat before I can make my next move... The audience starts to applaud again. The next performance started... And ended.. I was so wrapped up in our poker game that I didn't even notice. Audience members rise to their feet, sending the performer off with an extended standing ovation. Then, Jimin stands up along with them.

Jimin: Enough with the games. I have something to do. Let's go.

Thank god. An excuse to get out of here.

Taehyung: What a shame. Let's hang out again soon, though.

Jungkook: Guess that means we'll have to continue this conversation later. Goodnight, Areum. Sweet dreams.

Me: Yeah, goodnight.

Jimin makes a beeline for the exit, and I follow him. He doesn't say anything as he walks, and the silence is deafening. I really messed up just now. I unnecessarily drew Jungkook's attention to me. But, Jimin still doesn't suspect anything.. Or at least that's what I want to believe. "Song Areum" is a woman who knows how to use nice words to deliver cutting insults. She has a saucy, defiant side. That's the way I've been playing her all along, and I can only hope the way I acted tonight seemed in the line with her character.

Me: Jimin. When do you think you'll need me next?

Jimin: I'll be in touch in a few days. See you then.

Me: Ok.

Does he suspect I'm not who I say I am? Or is that the furthest thing from his mind? Looking at his intelligent face in profile, it's impossible to say.

☪ ·̩   。 ☆   ゚ *   。*  +   *  ・ 。☆͙  ☆   *

Hello there! Thank you for support! I hope you enjoy this book so far. Please read it carefully.. You might not understand it if you don't read carefully.

⋆∘∗ೃ⋆∘∗

- N I E L M I N R A 🌷

(🌱)  Thanks for read ♡

(☁️) Comment ☆

(🌾) Vote ♡

(๑´ᗜ´)

|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    ♡
|    ♡