5

Jimin: You're going to be my fiancee.

I never dreamed he would say such a thing, and the statement leaves me blinking in disbelief. A millisecond later though, I collect myself and cross my arms.

Me: Why me? I can bring you other worthy candidates.

Jimin: I thought I told you, I like the way you work. You know how to execute. You realized that woman's careless mistake right away. And you covered for her, naturally distracting from her screw up by putting the blame on yourself. You seem like you'd be very easy to work with. And most importantly of all...

Once again closing the distance between us, he presses me up against the wall.

Jimin: You don't even flinch when I try to make a move on you.

He looks me up and down, evaluating me like a scientist carefully examining the subject of his experiment. It's not as if it's a sensual gaze, yet for some reason, it makes my heart throb.

Me: In other words, you think I'll be easy to use.

Jimin: I've got the optimum materials right in front of me. I'd have to be stupid not to use them.

Typical. This guy WOULD make an excuse like that... So, he wants me to be his fiancee... Not bad. This is my chance to get close to him and find Code 007. Then again. The closer we get, the more difficult it will be to act without attracting suspicion. But, first and foremost, an arragement like that would probably mean I have to be around this ice prince 24-seven... Feelings rise up inside of me, but I swallow them before they can make themselves known on my face. Every chance worth taking comes with a risk. Beside, if I turned him down now, Jimin would have mo more use for me. I can't lose my tenuous connection to him now.

Me: Before I say anything else, you should know... I don't have the kind of pedigree you need to get your board of directors off your back.

Jimin: We'll figure something out. If you believe you precious 'love' to be worthy cause, then... Regardless of your personal feelings, you shoudn't be able to turn me down. Not based on what you said, at least...

Me: Haha!

Jimin: What?

Me: Nothing, I just remembered the way you mentioned Article 24 of the constitution even as you broke off your engagement. That was very impactful, especially coming from you. I was absolutely floored.

Jimin: ....

Me: I'm sorry. Don't be angry. I'm getting to the point. I was there for the conversation. You even made a point of asking Daniel if you saw me. Plus, I also told your receptionist and secretary who I am and why I had come to see you... They could figure out we don't know each other very well.

Jimin: We can deal with that. They're professionals, after all. I know exactly who I can trust and who I can't at my company.

Me: I see. Then, the one we need to watch out for is...

Jimin: Daniel. He's pretty sharp. We're going to have to come up with a plan. Come with me.

And with that impassive declaretion, Jimin walks off. Although I follow him, my wariness doesn't fade even a little.

Jimin: Hold my calls... Actually, wait.

After leaving the hotel, we head to Jimin's PARK office. Having received Jimin's instructions, the secretary is about to leave when Jimin stops her.

Jimin: Get rid of the documents we discussed. That's all.

Secretary: Yes, sir.

After watching the secretary leave with some sort of documentation in her hands, I look at Jimin.