13

A few days have passed since that kiss.

Jungkook: Nice night, isn't it? Delicious wine, good friend... and the finest woman I've ever feasted my eyes upon.

Leisurely crossing his legs as he sits in the masqurade VIP seats, Jungkook narrows his eyes seductively.

Taehyung: Turn it down a notch, Jungkook. You're going to scare the girl off. Right, Jiminie.

Taehyung, wearing his usual smile, is there, as well as a frowning Jimin. Looking at his face makes me feel like I'm going to start thinking about the kiss we shared that night, so I discreetly avery my eyes.

Jungkook: Now, I think it's about time to confess. Tell us everything.

What a nightmare. How did I end up here...? Squelching the  distrees I feel inside, I think back to how this all started.

*flashback*

Me: Hello.

Jimin: You're here.

It's been a few days since the kiss. Summoned by Jimin, I show up, prepared for the worst. He, on the other hand, appears strangely at ease as he hands me an envelope.

Jimin: Here. This is for you.

Me: For me?

Skeptical, I open the envelope. Inside is an invitation to a party at Masquerade. It's from Jungkook... What does he want with me?

Jimin: ...He probably invited you because we told him you're my girlfriend at the patrons' party. As much as I hate to say it, you should go to the party. He's more obstinate than you can imagine.

Me: Ok.

*end of flashback*

And so, he invited me to his party normally enough, but...

Jungkook: I should've done this much earlier. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Jeon Jungkook, thr owner of Seoul Forest Stay.

Taehyung: And I'm Kim Taehyung. It's pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Me: Of course. I know who you guys are.

Jungkook: Yet... Jimin never bothered to formally introduce you to us, despite the fact that you're supposed to be his girlfriend. It's all very fishy.

Taehyung: That's Jimin for you, though. That's why he wanted to invite you.

Me: I see.

Jungkook: Alright, time for you to start talking. How did this romance between you and Jimin start?

Urgh... I knew this was what they were going to ask me about.

Jungkook: Or, if you can't tell us that, we could talk about something else. For instance, what do you find cutest about Jiminie?

Taehyung: That's an even more difficult question.

Taehyung's exasperation brings a mischievous smile to Jungkook's face. Hard-pressed to come up with an answer of some kind, I shoot Jimin a look, but he remains silent. Does this mean he's leaving this to me? What's the cutest thing about Jimin? A memory of the day we kissed in his room runs through my mind. No. There's no need for me to tell them about that. I'm not about to let these guys intimidate me.

Me: I hate to break it to you, but I don't have much to tell you. I mean, secrets are only secrets when they're kept hidden.

Jungkook: Man, you are nothing like the other girls Jimin's dated.

Taehyung: Watch it, Jungkook. Joke around too much and you'll piss Jiminie off.

Jungkook: How are you not enjoying this? Jiminie, OUR Jiminie, got himself a girlfriend who offers him nothing professionally. Hey! Taehyung! This is no time to be stuffing your face with caviar.