9

After a glam season with Jin, I get into the car and make my way to the party. On my way there, I watch the broadcast of the product announcement on my laptop..l

Jimin: ...And it was with the new perspective that our hologram AI was developed. We call her 'Victoria' and we hope to release her to the general public in a year's time...

So my huncg was right. The Victoria is his home really is the new product they're going to load with a virus. The instant video footage of Victoria starts to play on the large screen above the stage, the audience breaks out into uproarious applause and there's a flurry of camera flashes. It's at that moment that I get an incoming call from the boss.

Boss: Hello there, Y/N. Looks like the announcement has finally been made. Victoria, 'a holografic AI'.. He's shocked the world again, just like when PARK released the first smartphone.

Me: It uses its own uniquely designed projector to project an image of the AI helper into midair.

Boss: It's like something straight out of the world of science fiction.

Despite Victoria's advanced features, she's being developed for personal home use. She's a masterpiece, the perfect marriage of holografic projection technology and PARK's advanced artificial intelligence.

Boss: It uses their existing voice recognition technology, and it seems to have a conversation mode as well.

Me: Yes. And her conversational ability seems fairly advanced.

Boss: Hm? Y/N, don't tell me, did you...?

Me: I found a functioning Victoria at Jimin's house the other day. It was a fairly unit. It's definitely the prototype.

Boss: Wow, you never fail to impress me. Brilliantly done, Y/N.

Me: I'm afraid my brilliance pales in comparison to that of Jimin's mind. Victoria is light-years ahead of other home AI units I've interacted with.

Boss: Haha. Well, they don't say Mr. Park is going to change the world for nothing.

I nod admiringly. On the screen, my enthusiastic presentation earns a sigh from the boss.

Boss: He's an impresive man, that Mr. Park... Putting aside issues of good and evil, he's a great man. And tonight, you're that man's date.

Me: Yes...

If it weren't for that virus. The whole world would be worshipping Jimin. I'm staring at the screen, feeling pained when the boss raises his powerful voice to make one last comment. The product announcement is ending. It's nearly time for the patron party. I've got to make sure this goes the way Jimin and I discussed. I need to play the part of Jimin's soon-to-be fiancee in front of Daniel and the other executives, but... I can't unnecessarily attract the attention of the other guests.

Boss: You can't relax until you've procured Code 007 and crashed Victoria.

Boss: Good luck, Y/N.

Me: Thanks, boss.

I close my laptop and quickly take a deep breath. With the party venue outside the window visible out of the corner of my eye. I carry out my usual last step and mentally put on my Song Areum mask.

Man 1: Man, this is amazing, Jimin! You've got me feeling like a little kid at Christmas here! I never know what you're gonna come up with next...

Jimin: Thank you.

With the announcement for the new product complete, everyone moves to the venue for the patron party. The party venue is bursting, not only with people from the tech world, but also with international celebrities. In fact, the foreign man speaking secretively to Jimin, is the former CEO of a large business software company. I hang back, staying out of the way and smiling quietly at the people who walk by.