16

Jimin send me a text out of the blue and asks me to come over to his place. When I arrive, he brings me into his secret room.

Jimin: Here.

When I see what he's casually holding out to me, I gasp despite myself. It's my watch.

Me: I can't believe you actually fixed it.

Jimin: I told you it'd work fine if I fixed it. Didn't you believe me?

Me: I mean, it didn't even have a brand... And the parts...

Jimin: I made what I didn't have. I told you that, too.

Me: You were serious...

Jimin: Don't just stand there nitpicking. Take it.

He voices his impatience, and I quietly accept the watch. The once-broken watch is working. Jimin breathed new life into it, and it's telling time again. I didn't think these hands would ever move again.. He polished it, too. There's isn't a single smudge, and it's showing the right time.

Jimin: After looking at it, it was clear it was made by a talented watchmaker. Take a good care of it.

Me: Thank you. You could tell all that just from opening it up?

Jimin: Yes. The inner workings of machines reveal a lot about the character of the people who made them. Think of it like this, if there's no need for an item to have character, then there's also no need to make it by hand.

Eyes focused on my watch, Jimin gives his shoulders a little shrug.

Jimin: I don't know who made it, but it's good quality. Your mom knew what she was doing when she picked that out.

After saying that much, Jimin falls silent and starts putting away the tools on the deks. However, there's something about his words that warms my heart. It's like he understands and respect how much this watch means to my mother and me.

Jimin: Hey. Watches aren't made to be held. Put it on already.

Me: Oh yeah, sure. You just got me feeling a little emotional. Thanks, really. You're like a wizard or something, Jimin.

Jimin: Pfft. A wizard?

He laughed... A sharp pain rips through my chest. The smile on his face now looks just like the smile that boy wore in the picture.

Jimin: Anyway, that's what I wanted to give you. Sorry to call you over here on such short notice.

Crap. The boss told me to try and find corroborating evidence for the information he found. I can't let myself get distracted. I've got to focus on the task at hand.

Me: Can I ask you one more question? Did you really fix this by hand?

Jimin: How else would I have done it?

Me: It's just strange, that's all. You're a tech guy. Why are you so good at...

Messing with machines?

I know exactly what I have to say. And if I ask him that, he'll have to tell me about his childhood. But...

Jimin: What's wrong?

Why isn't my mouth moving? My logical mind compels me to ask the question, but something is stopping me. Right now, I'm trying to draw out information about his past. The very same information he went to such lengths to erase and conceal. I know this question will hurt Jimin. Whether it hurts him or not, it's my job to ask.

Me: How did a tech prodigy get so good at messing with old-fashioned machinery? Was it something you learned as a kid?

Jimin: Why should I tell you?

Both his voice and his eyes are ice cold. I fall silent, and after looking at me as if in despair, he averts his eyes and says..

Jimin: I've always been good with machines. That's all.

Me: Oh... Thank for sharing that with me.

Jimin: That's a weird thing to thank a person for.

Me: Can I ask you something?

Jimin: What?

Me: We're obviously not supposed to pry into each other's private lives. What I just did went agains the rules laid out in our contract, so why did you share that with me?

Jimin pauses to consider my question. Then, still expressionless, he narrows his eyes.

Jimin: Good question. I don't know why. But... I guess I probably didn't want to keep secrets from you.

What? A long finger reaches through the air, weaving its way toward my face. However, he lowers his hand before it ever touches me.

Jimin: That's all.

What was that just now? What did that mean? After that brief explanation, Jimin turns on his heel and walks out of the room. His true intentions remain unclear. Still, the things he just said affect me surprisingly deeply.

Me: Jimin, wait. What did you mean by that?

Jimin: Wait. Someone's outside

He stops me, and I hold my breath. The security here is incredibly high... So.. Who in the world could it be?

☪ ·̩   。 ☆   ゚ *   。*  +   *  ・ 。☆͙  ☆   *

This chapther is short compare to others xD I'll upload chapther 17 as fast as possible.

⋆∘∗ೃ⋆∘∗

- N I E L M I N R A 🌷

(🌱)  Thanks for read ♡

(☁️) Comment ☆

(🌾) Vote ♡

(๑´ᗜ´)

|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    |
|    |    ♡
|    ♡